Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted here in ages. Glad to see my account still exists!

Sorry for posting this in Passion but wasn't sure where to post it.

I've used various 'Sports instruments' brand HR monitors for years, but they are so old now that they aren't reliable anymore.

Can anyone recommend a good HR monitor that:

1. Is relatively cheap
  2. Does not rely on a bluetooth connection, or otherwise require a phone.

I don't really want to involve my phone in my exercise activities. I'm a bit of a luddite that way.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you could give.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
This would go best in the "GPS, HRM, and Bike Computer" forum.

What kind of readout do you want? Do you want recording? I have a Scosche Rhytm 24 that has no display but records and saves HR. It's an optical arm band type of HRM and is ANT+ and BTLE for real-time readout on Garmin devices, phone, etc... They have a phone app for uploading the files which you can do post activity. You need to view the recording somehow (Strava, etc.)

·
Armature speller
Unit, Anthem, Stumpy, Secteur
4,589 Posts
I think the Scosche is about the only option as long as you don't need to see the HR during the exercise.

Otherwise any HR strap (wrist/chest) and a cheap watch (Forerunner 25 is $99us from Garmin's website) will do the job.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some additional requirements I didn't mention in my post, I want chest a chest strap, not wrist based HR, I would like it to display while I'm exercising. It would be great if it could calculate HR zones and give a little breakdown after the workout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.