Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
steely steed said:
Hows about that blue job? How much would ya sell that fer?
That blue is incredible in real life; the photo doesn't capture it properly. Anyways, I'm on a kick where I'm going to sell off most of the stuff that I've collected but don't actually use so you might find it on eBay before long. ;)

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts
Here some more CNC'ed versions, as well as some very fine Asian mech's, including:

-XTR M900
-Joe's
-Paul
-2 ProShift's with the 'gripshifters'
-Suntour XC Pro
-Suntour Superbe Pro
-Suntour XC Expert 8spd thumbies

G

·
my favourite rear der. Modified with a DuraAce cage and all bots and nuts replaced with Ti and aluminum. 187 grams...

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Jeroen said:
Here some more CNC'ed versions, as well as some very fine Asian mech's, including:

-XTR M900
-Joe's
-Paul
-2 ProShift's with the 'gripshifters'
-Suntour XC Pro
-Suntour Superbe Pro
-Suntour XC Expert 8spd thumbies

The Joes shifter (I think I am looking at the right one) reminds me of an X.O derailleur in a sense. Obviously not as clean but nevertheless similar.

Still think the Paul's look great.

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
A bit off topic, yet also a bit on topic, my lbs found a nos white industries derailleur and shifter laying around and I want to buy them. What is a fair offer? He has no idea what they are worth, but then again, neither do I.

·
Registered
125 Posts
white industries

I think it was White Industries that made the one with linear bearings. it had a push/pull cable set up with there twist shifters. Very cool looking but didn't look like it could take a hit.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Rhino ... (tangent)

Any more details on them? I picked up a Rhino CNC crank and all I could find out about them is that they were somehow connected to Dean.

Someone should post a Mavic derailleur image (the Erector set one) to round out this post, even though its road :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
wiruth said:
I think it was White Industries that made the one with linear bearings. it had a push/pull cable set up with there twist shifters. Very cool looking but didn't look like it could take a hit.
I have one, I'll take pics tomorow. It's called the LMDS by white industries. It worked effortlessly when in perfect tune, but that was rare. I think that because it was relativly fragile, the pivot bolt was designed to break off easily. After about the 6th bolt breaking I gave up and went with a more modern setup, plus it was a pain to find a tandem der cable that would fit the thing.

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,751 Posts
Too Bad All That CNC Stuff Shifted Like Crap

Shimano, Suntour, Mavic, Campy...those are the derailleurs to use.

Joe's, Paul, Precision Billett...sure they look nice but wow did they have quality control issues.

Anybody want a Black and Blue Joe's paperweight?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hudnut said:
I have one, I'll take pics tomorow. It's called the LMDS by white industries. It worked effortlessly when in perfect tune, but that was rare. I think that because it was relativly fragile, the pivot bolt was designed to break off easily. After about the 6th bolt breaking I gave up and went with a more modern setup, plus it was a pain to find a tandem der cable that would fit the thing.

There's my LMDS. I'll sell it if anyone is interested :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.