Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of singlespeeders have dogs and this is mine. I was trying to take of picture of my fixie for another post and of course Gracie had to involve herself. When you have a dog like a Mastiff there are several ways you have to change your life. The first is slime. Mastiff's loose control of their jowls, and what starts out as saliva turns into this Ghost Busters slime; it is really remarkable and I guarantee if you see someone with a Mastif, they will have a slime rag.; they are also very messy drinkers. Further, because their head is table height, best not leave food on the table and walk away. They are the most lovable dogs on the planet.

So, Hows your dog!

Attachments

·
surly inbred
1,539 Posts
Maybe someday I'll be half the man my dog thinks I am.

Best bikin' fishin' & drinkin' partner I've ever had the pleasure of hangin' with.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
No dog yet, but as soon as I get settled down and out of school I'm going to begin the search for a riding buddy. Hopefully a chocolate lab will be in the cards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We also have a Mastiff (Bullmastiff that is). 10 months old and full of spunk. Now if I can only get to stop peeing on my Velocity Blunts lol.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Katie was rescued from a kill shelter at 8mos. old and can't imagine and act of such. She is an absolute delight, not to mention pro trail dog. It does not matter if there are 20 riders or solo she has an uncanny ability to know her surroundings. The going joke is when I lead rides that if I dropped dead Katie will get us out of here. She is Loved by all who know her.

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mattybfat said:
Katie was rescued from a kill shelter at 8mos. old and can't imagine and act of such. She is an absolute delight, not to mention pro trail dog. It does not matter if there are 20 riders or solo she has an uncanny ability to know her surroundings. The going joke is when I lead rides that if I dropped dead Katie will get us out of here. She is Loved by all who know her.
Gracie was a rescue dog also. Her original owner left her in a yard and then moved away. She was discovered about 3 weeks later, covered in sores and 40lbs underweight. She was nursed back to health, but when we got her she was still very thin. In the last 5 months we've managed to put about 15 lbs on her. We figure it's our responsibility to make it up to her and she's just a sweetheart.

·
Registered
83 Posts
She does..in the summer she bee lines it for the scout and then its a virtual air-sniffing tail waggfest. Harness works great keeps her riding shotgun

·
Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
2,419 Posts
aka brad said:
Gracie was a rescue dog also. Her original owner left her in a yard and then moved away. She was discovered about 3 weeks later, covered in sores and 40lbs underweight. She was nursed back to health, but when we got her she was still very thin. In the last 5 months we've managed to put about 15 lbs on her. We figure it's our responsibility to make it up to her and she's just a sweetheart.
Shelter dogs are the best. It's all i've ever and will ever have. They're just the most loving animals i've ever seen.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts

Oakley the Alaskan Malamute - 15 Months

Izzy the Black Labrador - 3 Years

Diesel the Black Labrador - 8 Years

They all love to come out riding with me on the walkie dog but are still trail dogs in the making!... :)

1 - 20 of 127 Posts