Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting a RM Switch and was wondering if this is a good build...

however, i can't decide on the brakes and the cranks..

Rm Switch w/ 66rc/DHX 5.0
SRAM PG950 11-34
SRAM PC-59
Ruffian grips
Chris King No ThreadSet 1 1/8 Inch
Azonic A-Frame Pedals
2004 Sram X.9 Rear Derailleur
Evil E-Thirteen SRS Chainguide w/ Bash Ring
Thompson Elite 28.6mm
Sram X.9 shifter
Diablous OR Saint
THE Seat
CK/ Hadley hubs Tioga rims
Atom Lab Air Corp DH/DS Stem 25.4/ Easton EA70 MonkeyBar

Juicy 7
Shimano XT
Juicy 7
Shimano Saint
Hope M4
Magura Louise FR

thanks for your input....

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Here we go, the weekly Jbsox 'what should I get thread'

Get XT's and Juicy 7's, you don't need all the bulk of the Saint cranks.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
konabiker said:
Here we go, the weekly Jbsox 'what should I get thread'

Get XT's and Juicy 7's, you don't need all the bulk of the Saint cranks.
that's not me, that's srieman and crazyfreerider...

i haven't done one of these in a while...

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
JBsoxB said:
that's not me, that's srieman and crazyfreerider...

i haven't done one of these in a while...
yeah, my a$$ you haven't done one of these in a while. you will get the same answers as you did on your last four "how's this build" threads. didn't i just see a "what brakes" thread by you? jb, stop doing this $hit, it's getting damn annoying and all the people are leaving the forum 'cause of this stuff, including myself. i only check back every so often to see if there are any threads by dank. maybe you should make a thread when you actually have your mind semi-set on a frame and have only a few more hundred to earn until you can buy all of it.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
JBsoxB said:
i am getting a RM Switch and was wondering if this is a good build...

however, i can't decide on the brakes and the cranks..

Rm Switch w/ 66rc/DHX 5.0
SRAM PG950 11-34
SRAM PC-59
Ruffian grips
Chris King No ThreadSet 1 1/8 Inch
Azonic A-Frame Pedals
2004 Sram X.9 Rear Derailleur
Evil E-Thirteen SRS Chainguide w/ Bash Ring
Thompson Elite 28.6mm
Sram X.9 shifter
Diablous OR Saint
THE Seat
CK/ Hadley hubs Tioga rims
Atom Lab Air Corp DH/DS Stem 25.4/ Easton EA70 MonkeyBar

Juicy 7
Shimano XT
Juicy 7
Shimano Saint
Hope M4
Magura Louise FR

thanks for your input....
ummm hadley hubs...FSA Pig Headset, you don't need Saints for your weight. Don't need the extra braking because of your weight (might as well get hayes-easy to work on and you can get parts easy

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
matt said:
yeah, my a$$ you haven't done one of these in a while. you will get the same answers as you did on your last four "how's this build" threads. didn't i just see a "what brakes" thread by you? jb, stop doing this $hit, it's getting damn annoying and all the people are leaving the forum 'cause of this stuff, including myself. i only check back every so often to see if there are any threads by dank. maybe you should make a thread when you actually have your mind semi-set on a frame and have only a few more hundred to earn until you can buy all of it.
no, i was just wondering which were the best, not "which should i buy?"....

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
JBsoxB said:
no, i was just wondering which were the best, not "which should i buy?"....
so you don't think you have been posting a lot of repetetive threads which annoy people? i swear i see a new post by you, not necessarily new threads asking which is better, what should i buy, etc. you asked, "which is better diabolous or saint?" in a thread by a guy sponsored by shimano.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
matt said:
so you don't think you have been posting a lot of repetetive threads which annoy people? i swear i see a new post by you, not necessarily new threads asking which is better, what should i buy, etc. you asked, "which is better diabolous or saint?" in a thread by a guy sponsored by shimano.
are you serious!?

damn... now i feel like a dipsh!t... :(

sorry for the repeditivness of the posts, but where else do i ask these questions?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
JBsoxB said:
are you serious!?

damn... now i feel like a dipsh!t... :(

sorry for the repeditivness of the posts, but where else do i ask these questions?
you can pretty much do the research for yourself, compare weights, do searches on this site and others, find out which is most expensive, fit into your budget, etc. but use this only when you are stumped on what to do, like completely stumped, after you do all the diggin'.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're seatpost size is 26.8 not 28.6mm. Make sure you get it right. Also IMO it's worth spending a few more bucks for the PC970 Cassette and maybe even the 990 instead of the 950. The 970 is more durable and is quite a bit lighter. The 990 might not be stronger than the 970 but it's quite a bit lighter still. It depends how important weight is to you. I think you should get an 11-32T cassette cuz they're lighter and you'll never need the 34T gear as it is (IMO).

Get the Hadley hubs

Please go tubeless like the Mavic 321's or something. I made this mistake on my new RM Switch this winter. Soon everyone will be tubeless cuz it's lighter, more durable (pinch flats n/a) and more grippy.

Consider the Diabolous stem. It's just so sexy.

Go with XT cranks. The Race Face Diabolous or the Shimano Saint are unnessarily heavy for your weights unless you really place a high emphasis on style over function in which case you should get the Diabolous.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.