Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to ride Skyline today but it is far too smokey. Thinking of heading to Tamarancho if the air is better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping the air quality would be better closer to the coast, but it doesn't sound like it.

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Imagine the same all over BA

Jski1911 said:
I was going to ride Skyline today but it is far too smokey. Thinking of heading to Tamarancho if the air is better.
Try calling Sunshine Bikes for a clean air report of Tamarancho. China Camp may be the best bet though, as there might be enough of a breeze off the bay keeping things a little clearer. Try Mikes Bikes in San Rafael for that. Otherwise, only one way to find out. :confused:

·
Curse you Coe!
214 Posts
Spent Monday afternoon on Pine Mountain and Tamarancho. After 6 hours riding through smokey air, I experienced shortness of breath not related to extended climbs or steep pitches. Air was less than optimal.

·
WWYD?
1,604 Posts
baycat said:
There is a ton of fog in SF, so the headlands might be a good spot to ride if you need some dirt.
Not a good time to ride. Rode all over the headlands and Mill Valley on Monday hoping the fog would help but it didn't. I'm hoarse and the lungs are all congested this morning from the smoke. Gotta wait for the winds to change.

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
China camp better now

Looked hazy and it was a pretty orange sunrise, but I got a ride in this morning. Didn't notice the smoke at all or maybe I'm just used to it now :skep:

-slide

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.