Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced the HMC today. Great weather, one of the best courses in California. What I was suprised about was the low attendence. I did this race last year and I recall a much larger crowd. Is mountain bike racing dying in Northern California? I think attendence was lower for Sea Otter as well, and I know of a number of races this year that were canceled such as the Shasta Lemurian and the Downiville Classic. At this rate I wonder if there will be much bike racing next year around here. I can't figure out why mountain bike racing is suffering in this area. Are more people turing to road racing due to the Lance effect?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I thought attendance was a little less,

but not too much. This race always has less attendance than the Napa Dirt Classic, I think part of it is, it's late summer people get amped early in the year to race and than by late summer they're tired and burned out, or out doing other things (family vactions) etc.

I agree, the course is a great course, one reason I try to race it every year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.