Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! I just joined here after lurkin around for a couple weeks. My buddy just hooked me on m.biking a couple months ago; after i destroyed my bmx bike. Anyways, i can't get enough of it, even though i'm riding his old mongoose POS, and i ride it like my old bmx bike... so in other words i break it every outing. lol

Anyways, i'm 20, just moved up to Kansas city ks, from a little podunct town in s.e.k. I grew up in the bmx/dirtjumping scene and have done that forever, so i know all about that stuff.. just kinda in the fog about the whole mountain bike thing, as i don't know whats good and whats bad.. theres SOOO many aftermarket companies/components for these things. :eek:

I hope to get alot of good info, and in time give some good info... but if you need help w/ a bmx i'm your guy :D I'm also into bodybuilding/weightlifting/nutrition <==not being HUGE though, just a little more swole than athletic.

Well, i gotta get outta here. Youll hear from me soon.

nice to meet you,

hawaii

·
Domestic Fowl
869 Posts
Greetings five-oh,

I'm a native Kansan too (Wichita), now a Coloradan. At least there's some hills up around KC. It was pretty flat back home. If you started in BMX/DJ you're probably ahead of the curve with regard to technical skills.

This is a great place to get/share info.

Welcome aboard.

FRC

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome! Good to see some young blood moving into the KC scene. If you're looking for info, be sure to check out www.earthriders.com. It's the website for the local KC IMBA club. Lots of good info on local trails, and rides. Meetings are usually on the 3rd Wed. of the month, and are a great way to get guided rides of the trails and meet people.

As far as BMX goes, the BMX track in Blue Springs is doing a 26" series.

Anyway, welcome to KC. There's a pretty good scene here, and some pretty technical trails too. See you on the trails.

Dave in KC

·
Registered
395 Posts
What's up, Hawaii? I moved to Colorado from Lenexa a couple of years ago. There are some great places to ride between KC and Lawrence, so you will have plenty of options to choose from. Be sure to check out the Beginner's Corner here in the forums. You will score a lot of good info in there. This site also has a really good trail finder with several reviews of trails in the KC area.

http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.