Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howard Stern - Who was the cyclist he mentioned?

Anybody listen to Stern this morning? About 30 mins into the show, he was talking about some Olympic athletes who were photographed for FHM magazine. By far, he said the best looking women was,"The mountain bike chick!".

Anybody know who this was? I'm assuming it was someone from the American team, but not sure. Apparently, the issue came out a few months ago.

Sad thing was, no one from the show even thought Mountain Biking was an official event at the Olympics!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
I'll assume it was Niki Gudex. She's an Australian model. And she also races XC and DH professionally. She's a regular in magazines like FHM and Maxim. Although Gudex is not an Olympian, she was a hopeful for this year and is now a hopefull for 2008.

Don't know who else it could have been. Gudex is by far the sexiest woman in cycling.

www.nikigudex.com
 

·
Uhhhhh...
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
Paul1PA said:
Anybody listen to Stern this morning? About 30 mins into the show, he was talking about some Olympic athletes who were photographed for FHM magazine. By far, he said the best looking women was,"The mountain bike chick!".

Anybody know who this was? I'm assuming it was someone from the American team, but not sure. Apparently, the issue came out a few months ago.

Sad thing was, no one from the show even thought Mountain Biking was an official event at the Olympics!
Tara Llanes was in Maxim a while back.

-TS
 

·
Trail rider and racer
Joined
·
4,691 Posts
turdburgle said:
I'll assume it was Niki Gudex. She's an Australian model. And she also races XC and DH professionally. She's a regular in magazines like FHM and Maxim. Although Gudex is not an Olympian, she was a hopeful for this year and is now a hopefull for 2008.

Don't know who else it could have been. Gudex is by far the sexiest woman in cycling.

www.nikigudex.com
Gudex isn't bad looking but she was not a hopeful for the Olympics. She never had a chance.

Its amazing where good looks can get you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out the feature in FHM was for U.S. athletes only. So, while very attractive, guess that rules Niki Gudex out.

Here is a link to FHM's Olympic article:

http://www.fhmus.com/girls/covergirls/289/

Unfortunately, only certain athletes are featured on-line and I didn't see the mountain biker. Have to check out the actual magazine. States on their website it's in the Sept '04 edition, so should still be on newstands.

Wasn't there only like one or two riders selected for the U.S. women's mountain bike team? Shouldn't be hard to figure out, but there is very little info on-line. Seems the Mountain Bike races still haven't gotten a lot of credibility or interest when compared to the Road and Track events.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trevor! said:
Its amazing where good looks can get you.
Yep and the perfect example is Anna Kournikova. Never won a major singles tournament in tennis, yet probably the most recognized female athlete in the world. Also, pulling in about $15 million/year in product endorsements...amazing is right!
 

·
Hooligan
Joined
·
680 Posts
Paul1PA said:
Wasn't there only like one or two riders selected for the U.S. women's mountain bike team? Shouldn't be hard to figure out, but there is very little info on-line. Seems the Mountain Bike races still haven't gotten a lot of credibility or interest when compared to the Road and Track events.
One rider: Mary McConneloug

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/athens/cycling/usa-cycling.htm

http://images.google.com/images?q=Mary McConneloug &hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,764 Posts
?The Websense category "Lingerie and Swimsuit" is filtered"

Paul1PA said:
Turns out the feature in FHM was for U.S. athletes only. So, while very attractive, guess that rules Niki Gudex out.

Here is a link to FHM's Olympic article:

http://www.fhmus.com/girls/covergirls/289/

Unfortunately, only certain athletes are featured on-line and I didn't see the mountain biker. Have to check out the actual magazine. States on their website it's in the Sept '04 edition, so should still be on newstands.

Wasn't there only like one or two riders selected for the U.S. women's mountain bike team? Shouldn't be hard to figure out, but there is very little info on-line. Seems the Mountain Bike races still haven't gotten a lot of credibility or interest when compared to the Road and Track events.
Oh my focking god is this lame.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Paul1PA said:
Turns out the feature in FHM was for U.S. athletes only. So, while very attractive, guess that rules Niki Gudex out.

Here is a link to FHM's Olympic article:

http://www.fhmus.com/girls/covergirls/289/

Unfortunately, only certain athletes are featured on-line and I didn't see the mountain biker. Have to check out the actual magazine. States on their website it's in the Sept '04 edition, so should still be on newstands.

Wasn't there only like one or two riders selected for the U.S. women's mountain bike team? Shouldn't be hard to figure out, but there is very little info on-line. Seems the Mountain Bike races still haven't gotten a lot of credibility or interest when compared to the Road and Track events.
One female mountain bike olympian for America. Mary mcconnaloug. She's very cute but no sexy pin up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Trevor! said:
Gudex isn't bad looking but she was not a hopeful for the Olympics. She never had a chance.

Its amazing where good looks can get you.
Yes she was a "hopeful" and still is. She even admits that her chances for 2004 olympics were almost none but now the goal is 2008. She started racing cross country for the fact that it IS an olympic sport (olympics is everything in australia). Gudex just made the Australian national team again and will be one of two female athletes representing cross country for Australia at the world championships.

Aus only got 1 start spot for the female olympic XC race. Had they gotten 2 start spots then Gudex would be an Olympian. The woman who beat her out for the olympic spot is 19 years old and was junior world champ in 02 and 03. I think the girls name is lisa mathison or something.
 

·
artistic...
Joined
·
7,623 Posts
nikki gudex. yeah. we went skinny dipping the other day.. i meet this chick on the trail. she says "i'm so hot.." i say: i know of a pool.." and took her to my secret swimming spot. she couldn't wait to take her clothes off and invited me to join her. i said "no.. i want to ride" and left.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top