Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Est. 1971
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to replace my Intense CC 2.25 tires pretty soon. I'm thinking of getting another pair of Intense, the Nokian NBX 2.3, Kenda Blue Groove Stick-e 2.35, and Panaracer Fire FR 2.4.

I'm leaning towards the Panaracer because of price, previous experience with Panaracers, and it seems to offer low rolling resistance with great traction. I've heard the 2.4 is closer to a 2.5 tho (odd for Panaracers to be wider than advertised). Anyone running that big a tire on back of their Heckler?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
tim_fsr said:
I'm going to replace my Intense CC 2.25 tires pretty soon. I'm thinking of getting another pair of Intense, the Nokian NBX 2.3, Kenda Blue Groove Stick-e 2.35, and Panaracer Fire FR 2.4.

I'm leaning towards the Panaracer because of price, previous experience with Panaracers, and it seems to offer low rolling resistance with great traction. I've heard the 2.4 is closer to a 2.5 tho (odd for Panaracers to be wider than advertised). Anyone running that big a tire on back of their Heckler?
I have the specs for all of those tires on my Tire Site.

·
Beyond the stars
745 Posts
I'm not sure . . .

you can use Panaracer FR 2.4 and low rolling resistance in the same sentance!

On the front they are nice, on the rear it can feel like you are draging a boat anchor! but hey, that's just me, most times I feel like I'm draging a boat anchor and it's just my fat arse.

I tried to put a Panaracer FR 2.4 on the rear of my Mt. Cycle San Andreas DHS (Mt. Cycle says its good for a 2.7) but it make the small chainring in the front unuseable, the knobs hit the front der. I know that has more to do with the frame design than anything, but for me it didn't work until I went to a Maxxis Highroller 2.35.

Also I was able to get a Kenda Nevigal 2.35 on the back of my Specialized Enduro without clearence issues.

So, how about some other brand name junk to muff up the mtbr product linking Panaracer Cinder, Sun Ringle, Santa Cruz, Kraft Foods, Beer, Donuts, hum Donuts, McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Safeway, blah, blah, blah

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.