Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fever has started but, with buying a new home I have not got a chance to get out and ride yet. I was wondering if you have what are the thoughts on it drying out this year. Last year it seemed to be wet all year and so I am hopeing for better weather this year.

Also Sparky if you read this I cant rember your e-mail, let me know if you would so I can get up to speed on the rides. Thanks!!!!

·
Born of Fire
331 Posts
jayz said:
The fever has started but, with buying a new home I have not got a chance to get out and ride yet. I was wondering if you have what are the thoughts on it drying out this year. Last year it seemed to be wet all year and so I am hopeing for better weather this year.

Also Sparky if you read this I cant rember your e-mail, let me know if you would so I can get up to speed on the rides. Thanks!!!!
Where about in Maine are you?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
if u live in the portland area, the pole lines and the river trial are both flooded, especially the river trail, it isnt even rideable right now becasue of all of the flooding, good thing some people decided to tie all of the bridges to trees just in case.

·
customized
3,123 Posts
I would say anything north of the tolls on 95 in Maine is going to be pretty wet and south of the tolls will be just moist. All the rain hasn't helped too much. You should venture into NH if your close to the border, the trails are in great shape here.

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Well, the Bangor area is soaked....

But that does not and should not stop you. I would imagine the westbrook trails are mostly unridable...or at least not that fun right now. I do most of my riding on "Marsh Island" so....yeah. It is always wet!

·
Registered
376 Posts
The River trail and Prides are probably soaked. South Portland - Cape Greenbelt have wet spots, but will be the best bet in Portland. Not sure about Bradbury. Aggie dries pretty fast
if it ever stops raining.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Camden

Jayz- I live in Rockport and just went out for the first ride of the year yesterday (May 14th). I rode behind Maine Sport and, for the most part, the trails were pretty dry. I had to walk around a couple spots but I was able to get a solid ride in. Except for the fact that I am horribly out of shape and was dying everything was looking good. I would think the snowbowl is still pretty wet but I have not really taken a close look. The trails across from Tollman pond may be worth a look as well. I am relatively new to the area and have not had a lot of time to ride and explore the local trails. Hopefully that will change this summer. Once I get my legs and lungs back maybe we can hook up for a ride......

·
Registered
27 Posts
sloth said:
Jayz- I live in Rockport and just went out for the first ride of the year yesterday (May 14th). I rode behind Maine Sport and, for the most part, the trails were pretty dry. I had to walk around a couple spots but I was able to get a solid ride in. Except for the fact that I am horribly out of shape and was dying everything was looking good. I would think the snowbowl is still pretty wet but I have not really taken a close look. The trails across from Tollman pond may be worth a look as well. I am relatively new to the area and have not had a lot of time to ride and explore the local trails. Hopefully that will change this summer. Once I get my legs and lungs back maybe we can hook up for a ride......
Sloth and Jayz, I live in Rockland as well. We should all meet up as soon as the deluge receeds sometime this summer. There are some good trails in the Rockland trail that I could show you as well. I'm sure most areas are pretty wet right now but let's hook-up sometime.

Steve

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Argg is right

I just went out for about 40 minutes in the University of Maine forest and I am not sure if I have seen so much standing water out there. Interestingly enough, it doesn't seem muddy. If the invite is open for the Rockport get together, I would love to see what you all have down there. Lets face it, it is going to be wet for a loooooong time. So, I say screw it! I am going out regardless of conditions. The ride today was great. In fact, it was a true test of a new 2.35 nevegal(stick-e) I put on last week. If ya gotta ride wet roots and rocks...this tire is it!!! It stuck to everything....absolutely everything.
:)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yeah, it's been raining constantly exspecially on the weekends (like I need to tell you that) We are in the same area actualy and I too have resigned to riding in the rain and muck.. beats not riding at all. ... Yeah those are good tire indeed.... I have the fatter version of the same.... if your up for ride some weekend around UMO or the bog in bangor shoot me a pm.... there is some fun loops in belfast that I know of and some great riding in general around camden, IE snowbowl area

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.