Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

Just wondering well does the uzzi vpx pedal up the hill? I’ve heard a few folk say its ace, any opinions from uzzi owners on here? Looking at a build with some fox 36’s.

Thanks folks.

·
Old school BMXer
2,695 Posts
Vague question at best.

Will it climb as efficiently as a 23 pound XC bike? No. Will it climb better than a 45 pound DH bike? Yes. It goes up as well, if not better than any other 36 pound bike (depending on how you build it).

At least you can stand and pedal the VPX, which is something you wouldn't want to do on most other rigs in the same catagory.

·
Registered
887 Posts
It pedals pretty decent for its amount of travel and weight. I went from a Bullit with a Pushed Fox RC to a VPX with a DHX and found the VPX to pedal much better sitting and standing than the Bullit.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Climbs fine

Stinger said:
Hi Guys.

Just wondering well does the uzzi vpx pedal up the hill? I've heard a few folk say its ace, any opinions from uzzi owners on here? Looking at a build with some fox 36's.

Thanks folks.
With a Fox 36 it should not be a problem. This is assuming you are not building it with DeeMax wheels and massive DH tubes and tires. For a long smooth climb you can crank up the ProPedal and rebound and it's almost rigid. Stem length can also have an effect on climbing ability.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
fourarm said:
With a Fox 36 it should not be a problem. This is assuming you are not building it with DeeMax wheels and massive DH tubes and tires. For a long smooth climb you can crank up the ProPedal and rebound and it's almost rigid. Stem length can also have an effect on climbing ability.
You can climb the Uzzi with DH wheelset, DH tires and short stem as well ;)
I think what makes the difference is the steep seat angle compared to other designs in its class (are there any? :skep: ) :D
Combine this with the VPP and you can climb everything as long as you are not in a rush.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
It climbs better than my 6.6 in reference to how well the suspension works.

That's actually one of the reasons I bought it. It works as well (better) than any frame with a similar weight.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
fourarm said:
This is assuming you are not building it with DeeMax wheels and massive DH tubes and tires.
I got Deemax's and Intense FRO lite tires and it climbs just fine. I takes a few rides to get used to, but it climbs very well, 'specially since it has a full length seat tube

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for those replies guys, very good.

I rode the bike the other day and it feels very good but there are a few changes I'd like to make. At the moment I have some older XTR cranks with a bash gaurd but i'd like to run 3 rings perhaps the new style xtr cranks. I wouldn't mind changing the wheels. I have mavic d321's on hope bulbs with maxxis minion tyres and they weigh alot, any ideas on a good pair of wheels and tyres to shed some weight? Preferable not tubeless.

My aims are to shave a fair bit of weight off. When I bought the frame last year I was intending using it for downhill use but this have changed and i've changed location so my mates mostly ride trails but I cant afford to change the frame or fork at this time so just trying to make the most of what funds i have. Any ideas would be most welcome I tried to include a picture but it wont work so i'll list my spec below

Frame is a small with dhx and ti spring (dont fancy an air shock)
Fox 36 rc2
Mavic d321's on hope bulbs with maxxis minions.
XTR cranks (old splined ones) with e13 supercharger
RF Diablous stem and azonic bars
Hope 6 pot brakes front and Rear with 203mm discs.
dura ace rear mech with xtr shifter, ultegra cassette.
xt front mech and XO shifter.
Pedals azonic a frames but changing to time spd's
Flite ti saddle and thomson elite seat post.

Think thats about it. Thanks again for any help guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.