Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2010 RockHopper Comp Disc
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today we went for a good ride, which took a few hours on the local trails. Though the trails were covered by about 6-12 inches of fresh snow. At first my BB7's were great and still worked fine, but quickly they became covered in snow and the slots in my rotors were frozen over. The brakes were singing like a chorus and incredibly loud. Though they still worked to a certain extent. They certainly didn't work as if it were a dry day, but they could stop me if I pressed hard enough on the levers.

My brother's Avid Single Digit 7's were useless within 5 minutes.

I did want to ask, do disc pads get glazed when you use them when wet or frozen?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
BeaverTail said:
How well do you Breaks work in the Snow?
Today we went for a good ride, which took a few hours on the local trails. Though the trails were covered by about 6-12 inches of fresh snow. At first my BB7's were great and still worked fine, but quickly they became covered in snow and the slots in my rotors were frozen over. The brakes were singing like a chorus and incredibly loud. Though they still worked to a certain extent. They certainly didn't work as if it were a dry day, but they could stop me if I pressed hard enough on the levers.

My brother's Avid Single Digit 7's were useless within 5 minutes.

I did want to ask, do disc pads get glazed when you use them when wet or frozen?
If I broken, don't work at all.

The pads should not be affected.

Just be glad you do not have rim brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.