Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, I was as sick as a dog (still am) and missed the race. Bummer, I was really, really looking forward to it as I have never been to Kitt state Park.

Hope all who raced had a great time!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I had a great time

Did my 9 laps, came short of doing a 10th by 3 minutes. Bummer... Also came short of the podium by one place (that's overall, no age groups; I like that, it's more challenging). I got _passed_ by the winner. Impressive.

The course was fun and quite fast yet challenging.

The organization leaves a little bit to be desired though, mostly once the race was over. I'll leave it at that I'm not one to complain, the organizers did a great job otherwise.

I hope I'll be able to do it again, the course was well marked, and at most critical places there was someone indicating the way. I completed my objective: finishing. Placing like that was a plus.

Cheers,

Maurice

·
Registered
161 Posts
Maurice said:
Did my 9 laps, came short of doing a 10th by 3 minutes. Bummer... Also came short of the podium by one place (that's overall, no age groups; I like that, it's more challenging). I got _passed_ by the winner. Impressive.

The course was fun and quite fast yet challenging.

The organization leaves a little bit to be desired though, mostly once the race was over. I'll leave it at that I'm not one to complain, the organizers did a great job otherwise.

I hope I'll be able to do it again, the course was well marked, and at most critical places there was someone indicating the way. I completed my objective: finishing. Placing like that was a plus.

Cheers,

Maurice
I had fun. I thought the course was pretty good for this type of race. No killer climbs, and enough technical stuff to keep it interesting. I'm still working on riding across 2x4's though. I only made it through the skills section once. I am a pretty good technical rider, but bridges have always been my downfall!

The race was run pretty well, but if there had been more racers the scoring would have gotten ugly.

The only real complaint that I have is about an a**hole Singlespeeder in a Team Bulldog jersey, tall guy with blonde hair I think. I got stuck behind a begineer who was pushing his bike up a short steep section. I had to get off and push to avoid hitting the rider, even though I let the rider know I was coming. The rider apologized, and I said no big deal. It didn't really bother me that much, it may have been his first race, no big deal. So along comes this Singlespeeder who was behind me. He also yelled to the begineer that he was coming. Apparently the begineer didn't get far enough out of the way again, so the SSer elbowed him. When the SSer passed me, he said, "Hey that guy didn't get out of the way for you or me so I gave him an elbow in the kidney, but I'm allowed to do that since I'm a sponsor." What an idiot. In almost 10 years of racing I've never heard a comment like that. I would like to apologize to the begineer racer for having to deal with such an idiot.

Despite this one guy, it was a great early season race. I hope to see a bigger turnout for the H2H races.

Anyone planning on racing at Micheaux next weekend? Its a long drive from NJ, but definitely worth it!

Mike

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
What is with that place? I had the worst race of my life there last year. I started off early and got ahead of everybody (in Sport) and the trails were mismarked and we all wound up at a dead end. We were all bummed but this guy comes up behind and starts screaming at everybody (like it's our fault). So they get us restarted and big mouth gets in front of everybody. I eventually catch him and pass him again and he starts yelling at me, calling me skinny punk. He starts chasing me (riding way out of control) so I let him pass, I'm sitting on his wheel knowing I can hold his pace. He's riding so out of control that he crashes in front of me, I try to go around him and he literally throws his bike at me so I can't pass him. It was insane! I wanted kill this a$$hole. I eventually get away and build up a lead but I can't stop thinking about all the stupid, crazy things that just happended. I decided I was n't having fun and just pulled off. I've never quit a race before but I was just so disgusted with everything going on. I later regretted it but that place must breed jerks. If I ever see that big arsehole again. In the end, I feel bad for guys like that. Who would want to live like that? Miserable jerks!

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
sorry about your bad experience. i wasn't there but i do know some of the bull dog team guys post on this board. hopefully you will get some kind of explanation because this is just plain weird.

maurice- glad you made it out there. you are a mad man. hope to get out with ya soon.

phattie

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
phatbiker said:
sorry about your bad experience. i wasn't there but i do know some of the bull dog team guys post on this board. hopefully you will get some kind of explanation because this is just plain weird.

maurice- glad you made it out there. you are a mad man. hope to get out with ya soon.

phattie
yea, it would be good to get a response. see if that guy (the SS guy) has an explanation.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I finished first in the Beginner by quite a bit (moving to sport for next race) but they messed up the scoring and didn't count one of my laps...so they scored me 7th (I think I lapped the 7th place person)...They said I only did 3 laps but I did 4...

A little annoyed by that but the guy was cool...he said they would try to figure out what happened before they posted the results online (I assume they do it at teambulldog.com?) and he let me take a prize anyways...I don't know what happened, if they just missed me one time or if they put someone else down for one of my laps...I don't know but I know I did 4...that last one hurt a bit...

But overall the course was great...fun and fast...that rocky roller just before the field at the end of the lap was fun...no brakes and use the trees as burms!! I had a great time despite the scoring error.

Tom

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'm the idiot, though I have brown/gray hair.

Sorry if I pissed you off, though I was trying to make a joke while in an oxygen deprived state. I was making light of the fact that I did bang elbows with him/her, though I did apologize to them, and they said, "don't worry about it" The comment about "being" the race sponsor seemed a bit obvious, seeing how the Bulldog logo is emblazoned across my back and ass. I guess pointing out that I gave a sport racer my only spare tube and CO2 cartridge, and another bonked racer my last 2 packs of GU, probably won't redeem me too much, in your eyes, though take it for what its worth. I've been racing since 1991, and I remember what it's like to be a beginner or slower rider or bonked. I make it a point to always give some encouragement or just small talk when I come up on other riders. In reference to last years debacle in July, I can plead innocence, since I was on vacation when the race was held.
I would also like to point out that some poor bored soul pulled down the course arrows Friday night, immediately after we marked the course.
Again I didn't mean anything by my lame attempt at humor, and I think the people who know me here on this board would probably vouch for me, (except for Bob W.)
Kris (a**hole) Weber

·
Registered
161 Posts
RyderX said:
Sorry if I pissed you off, though I was trying to make a joke while in an oxygen deprived state. I was making light of the fact that I did bang elbows with him/her, though I did apologize to them, and they said, "don't worry about it" The comment about "being" the race sponsor seemed a bit obvious, seeing how the Bulldog logo is emblazoned across my back and ass. I guess pointing out that I gave a sport racer my only spare tube and CO2 cartridge, and another bonked racer my last 2 packs of GU, probably won't redeem me too much, in your eyes, though take it for what its worth. I've been racing since 1991, and I remember what it's like to be a beginner or slower rider or bonked. I make it a point to always give some encouragement or just small talk when I come up on other riders. In reference to last years debacle in July, I can plead innocence, since I was on vacation when the race was held.
I would also like to point out that some poor bored soul pulled down the course arrows Friday night, immediately after we marked the course.
Again I didn't mean anything by my lame attempt at humor, and I think the people who know me here on this board would probably vouch for me, (except for Bob W.)
Kris (a**hole) Weber
No problem. If it was just a joke, then I apologize for calling you an idiot. I just want to make sure that we don't discourage new people from getting involved in the sport. Being in a bike club that promotes races in the local area, I would assume you feel the same way. It sounds like you really are a nice guy. Just be careful when your joking around, as I didn't realize it was a joke.

Tom Church, they missed one of my laps also when they posted the results. Lucky for me they had my other lap times and someone to vouch for the number of laps I did. Anyway, good luck on the move to Sport class. Hope to see you at some upcoming races.

Mike

·
Registered
755 Posts
Mike,
Was your plate number 545? If so, I was the guy who vouched for your missing lap. 545 and I,(403) pretty much stayed neck and neck for the whole race.
Kris
mvp119 said:
No problem. If it was just a joke, then I apologize for calling you an idiot. I just want to make sure that we don't discourage new people from getting involved in the sport. Being in a bike club that promotes races in the local area, I would assume you feel the same way. It sounds like you really are a nice guy. Just be careful when your joking around, as I didn't realize it was a joke.

Tom Church, they missed one of my laps also when they posted the results. Lucky for me they had my other lap times and someone to vouch for the number of laps I did. Anyway, good luck on the move to Sport class. Hope to see you at some upcoming races.

Mike

·
Registered
161 Posts
RyderX said:
Mike,
Was your plate number 545? If so, I was the guy who vouched for your missing lap. 545 and I,(403) pretty much stayed neck and neck for the whole race.
Kris
Ya, that was me. I guess I didn't get a very good look at you during the race, because I definetly didn't recognize you after. Thanks for vouching for me, and again sorry for calling you an idiot!

Mike

·
www.justthebonnet.com
1,475 Posts
RyderX said:
.Again I didn't mean anything by my lame attempt at humor, and I think the people who know me here on this board would probably vouch for me, (except for Bob W.)
Kris (a**hole) Weber
What is it about Singlespeeders?? Are they all A-holes??? I think so!!! ;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
So, was that last year or this year? I found the course to be marked quite well. Oveall a great race. However, I do agree they do need to work on scoring and presentationat the end.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I can vouch for Kris. Also, it sounded like a direct quote. Even before Kris (er, RyderX) admitted it, I knew the humor and who was being talked about. Me, I like his off ceter sense of humor! We will see after next week!?!?!?!?

Bob W

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.