Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Shiva said:
Wondering how the Old Pueblo race was. Any race reports? I'm envious that there are people out there racing in the sun.
If the snow @ my house is any indicator , they raced in rain and hail .

·
Beetlejuice!
209 Posts
Yup, cold, wet, muddy and totally miserable weather. I didn't race this year, just there as support but we all still had a great time. Todd from Epic came by about 11p Saturday night and said about 30% had bailed and already left because of the weather. :nono:

·
Registered
109 Posts
AZ.MTNS said:
If the snow @ my house is any indicator , they raced in rain and hail .
BINGO! I was getting pelted... My first experience in a 24 Hour Race and did a duo male. Wow.... couldn't have really been worse weather. The dumpster at the event was a bone yard for EZ Up tents. I added to that the awning from my popup camper that launched off like a kite right as the race started.

Great event though and I will be back for next year!

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Shiva said:
Wondering how the Old Pueblo race was. Any race reports? I'm envious that there are people out there racing in the sun.
Weather-wise, worst ever from noon until 10. Rained some, but the wind was brutal, as it was a head wind for both the *****es, and the last climb. Then it turned awesome until about 9 or 10 on Sunday, and got windy again.

Didn't seem to deter some. Fastest lap I saw recorded was 59 mins, and solo turned in a crazy 18 laps!

The rains really made the trail awesome.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ditto on all the above. My first 24 hr solo single speed race ... managed to get in 10 laps for a top 10 finish. The weather really was pretty bad on Saturday evening, so bad you just had to laugh! Had battery problems that cost me a few hours and a few laps but in a sick knida way it was fun; if solo, I would imagine that having a crew of some kind would help. Pretty fast course. Not sure how this race compares to others because this was my first but, I would do this race again.

·
Registered
512 Posts
For me the course was not selective enough. A few more passing zones would of been nice and a significant climb would of made it a bit more interesting. The "*****es" were rollers.

After an hour+ lap - If my 40+ year old a$$es time is within 4 minutes of thee fastest recorded time [by a pro] - the course is too easy.

Aside from that - a VERY well run event....though getting there on Thursday by 3pm only to find MANY camping spots tapped off/saved was lame. They need to increase the camping area if they allow that many racers IMHO.

The Whiskey Off Road - mile for mile IS WAY BETTER.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.