Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The videos I've seen look great, but most of the written reviews I've read suggest that it is not for light weights.

I am curious, what is Y'all's take on it ?

I am entry level intermediate and I am considering riding there soon.

Thanks,

Ted

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm,

maybe a nice long ride at OP Schnabel instead hehe :D

Thanks Pedigre, Great write up

Ted

P.S. Very nice website btw

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes ! !

I rode it last Sunday and I absolutely Freakin loved it. ( pardon my french )

I rode the entire Lower Loop, and I met Jimmy :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was pretty comfortable at Flat Rock, if it's only a little more technical at Tapatio then I am not too concerned.

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well.... I'm back :eek: hehe

Frankly, I found it to be way beyond my skill level. If I go back I'm wearing body armor.:)

I made the whole course but I walked a big chunk of it, especially after the bruised ribs :D ( true story )

Any way I think what did me in was the large quantity of loose rock on both ascents and descents in and amongst tight climbing and descending switchbacks.

I think I read that the racer guys did that loop 3 or 4 times during a big norba race some years back. Guess that's what it means to be Pro. :)

Anyway, I am off to buy some advil and contemplate next weekends adventure. :D

Hope you guys had a good weekend !

Ted

Oh ! I forgot to mention, their is a secondary loop off the main loop, near the top. That's the one I found tough.

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
Good luck with the ribs; mine took over 4 months to heal this time around.

Ted_R said:
Well.... I'm back :eek: hehe

Frankly, I found it to be way beyond my skill level. If I go back I'm wearing body armor.:)

I made the whole course but I walked a big chunk of it, especially after the bruised ribs :D ( true story )

Any way I think what did me in was the large quantity of loose rock on both ascents and descents in and amongst tight climbing and descending switchbacks.

I think I read that the racer guys did that loop 3 or 4 times during a big norba race some years back. Guess that's what it means to be Pro. :)

Anyway, I am off to buy some advil and contemplate next weekends adventure. :D

Hope you guys had a good weekend !

Ted

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got the impression that the trail has deteriorated, their were sections where I felt like I was riding on marbles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.