Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to get more serious about air time. I've gotten to the point where regular jumping (i.e. launch-land, no tricks) down pat, and I want to start learning some tricks. I can do little baby whips and partial 'X-ups' (only turning 90 degrees).*
I know there are videos out there explaining how to do manuals, bunny hops, trackstands, and even how to just jump a mtn bike, but I can't find any how to's on how to do simple to intermediate tricks like full X-ups, barspins, tabletops, etc.
Do any of you have any links to any videos like this?
I figure if I'm going to crash whilst attempting some of these tricks, I'd rather be executing proper technique when I do.
Thanks!

*when I do the partial Xup, whenever I turn the bars, the ass-end will kick out slightly in the opposite direction. How would I counter that and keep the back end straight?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I watch peoples video doing stuff I want to learn, and slow it down frame by frame. But to actually do it takes practice and practice AND MORE PRACTICE. Don't give up, It's been a year now and I'm finally landing 270"s clean. Good luck Mike, shoot some video so we can see how it's going.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
infagon said:
to keep ur rear end strait pinch the seat with ur knees this is qlso how u can do no handers and lean back but not to far
I didn't even think about pinching the seat for Xups. Thanks!

I watch peoples video doing stuff I want to learn, and slow it down frame by frame. But to actually do it takes practice and practice AND MORE PRACTICE. Don't give up, It's been a year now and I'm finally landing 270"s clean. Good luck Mike, shoot some video so we can see how it's going.
Yeah, I'll be getting plenty of practice in here in the next few months.
But practicing can prolong your mastery of something if you don't have the right technique down.
Weightlifting is a prime example; if you use the right technique on the exercises, you will get bigger and cut quicker.

Thanks for the advice gents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.