Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't understand what this guy is trying to achieve... This is New York City. People are not going to care (let alone the cops). As far as I can tell it's his bike, he just forgot the lock key.

LOL, props to Hector!

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn, I just read the same thing on General Discussion... sorry but I rarely go there...

·
AussieLostInNyc
650 Posts
Thats about it..
Kryponite has several locks that cover payouts up to $xxxx if theft is attributed to the lock for USA and Canada. None except the NYC yellow fugetaboudit lock is valid in the five borroughs of NYC as theft is out of control.
We have had crappy rentals stolen when people take them from the shop and are always replacing parts or complete bikes for people who 'just went in to have lunch / shop' scenarios.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
dont leave you bike alone in the city and it wont get stolen...its that simple. couple of my friends had instances where they left it in the lobby of hall for 5 minutes and it was gone. Anson's bike was stolen when the cable guy moved it out of his garage and left it outside.

·
Just hit it with speed
480 Posts
"In the end there was one concerned citizen"............

My buddy had two bikes stolen while in college. One was from a bike rake while it was chained up sophmore year. Senior year it was stolen out of our apartment during/after a party(kinda fuzzy on the details). Turns out it had my $60 lock dangling from it when it got jacked but I didn't have the heart to say anything........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts