Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been building up a Trek Liquid 55 and just mounted my Hayes HFX 9 brakeset. The rear brake line is quite a bit too long and I'd like to shorten it. Does anyone know what parts I need to buy in order to get this done? I realize I will most likely need to bleed the brakes again, but I'm guessing I need some replacement parts...help? :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
blackstripes said:
I've been building up a Trek Liquid 55 and just mounted my Hayes HFX 9 brakeset. The rear brake line is quite a bit too long and I'd like to shorten it. Does anyone know what parts I need to buy in order to get this done? I realize I will most likely need to bleed the brakes again, but I'm guessing I need some replacement parts...help? :confused:
After a bit more digging, it seems like I am going to need a replacement olive and possibly another compression fitting. Still trying to find a good place in the US to order these.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ended up finding a few at the LBS for $6.99 a piece... :(

Anyway, picked up a few and got the job done. Now I just need to wait for the hayes 9 bleed fitting to arrive so that I can bleed the system and I should be good to go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jreed3 said:
I need to do the same to my brakes. I have a brand new set but the rear is too long. Is it possible to reuse the compression fitting?
No, I had new fittings that I used. Afterwards I tried to cut the old fittings out of the excess hose and gave up. If I were you I would just count on picking up a few new fittings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.