Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to reposition the cable but don't know how to do it. The manual doesn't explain it and all I see are two small allen screws that I don't want to touch unless I know what they are for.

Can someone please let a brotha know what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Take the saddle and saddle clamp off the post. There should be a slotted fastener which will expose the schrader valve once removed. Tap on the lower part of the saddle clamp until it drops down a couple mm's. The half moon shaped piece remaining is held in place by the slotted fastener mentioned above. It should now rotate and allow you to position it where desired.

EDIT: Jump to three minutes into this video:
KS LEV Installation 720p HD - YouTube

·
Registered
159 Posts
Does your lever stick when you press it? I recently raised my seat. I am now have to use my thumb to flick the lever back to the upright position. It is not a huge deal, but somewhat annoying.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does your lever stick when you press it? I recently raised my seat. I am now have to use my thumb to flick the lever back to the upright position. It is not a huge deal, but somewhat annoying.
Mine doesn't stick, but I did realize that I have the DX model and after a little research found out that it's a huge pain in the ass to rotate the cable routing.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Is your cable tightness correct? If the cable's a bit slack, thumbing the button will get the post to drop, but the extra slack in the cable won't let it pull the lever back into place.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had this problem too. I finally figured out that the tabs on ODI lock-on grips caused the lever mount to distort when tightened. I filed off ~ 1mm of the grip tabs captured by the lever mount (from highest point of tab circumference) and all is good.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I had this problem too. I finally figured out that the tabs on ODI lock-on grips caused the lever mount to distort when tightened. I filed off ~ 1mm of the grip tabs captured by the lever mount (from highest point of tab circumference) and all is good.
The other thing would be perhaps the cables are zip-tied a bit too tight, and the compression on the housing is preventing the inner wire from sliding freely. Your lever pressure can overcome this, but the return can't.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try using your bike stand's clamp in place of a vise, and an old tube for the small soft jaw.
You read my mind. I did just that last night and it worked. :thumbsup:

After carefully completing the installation my trigger was also sagging a bit. I gave a few quick turns on the tension elbow provided by KS and it firmed right up. I am pleasantly surprised at how smooth the mechanical actuation performs. (I've owned a Rockshox Reverb previously).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts