Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Seimens Team Wannabe
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new into urban and was wondering if y'all had any tips or suggestions on learning how to ride fakie. thanks.

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
If you can find a bank to give you some speed use it. Speed is your friend while riding fakie, even though you might be more comfortable riding it slow.

Weight low, slightly over the rear wheel, pedal backwards slightly faster than you need to so as to not offer any resistance to your rolling. Practice around.

Before rolling out of fakie I practiced riding backwards for the whole length of a small skatepark near my house, using the bank, I would roll up to it straight on until my front tire touched the coping, then let myself roll down. At first I could barely get a few feet from the bank, but after a week or so I could look over my shoulder and ride around the box in the middle to the other side of the skatepark.

It takes a lot of practice, it is a key skill to street riding(think 180), yet I feel it is one of the hardest ones to pull off very well(at least to me).

At the end of this summer I could roll out of fakie on either side. Took me all of 3 weeks of riding everyday to master it. Now all I have to do is be able to carry enough speed to use it on a 180... but that's another matter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.