Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the snowbike just about ready to run... how are these Nokian 294s gonna treat me? Am I safe as long as I keep my feet on the bike? I have heard that you can ride across a lake no problem but if you step down, your on the ice.

How do the perform on climbing up icy hills?

Any riding tips would be appreciated... this is totally new to me.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
ahhh just kidding.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
the only way your studded tires will help you when you dab is to cut them up and glue them to your shoes. =)

After watching Mink and TheOldBroad ride away from me last winter you just ride on studds like you normally would. Never ride pavement. I could ride across the lake without studds. but they could turn!

They also just rode right up the ice covered hills, while I was trying to find snow to hike in. One downside is when someone without studded tires goes down in front of you at speed, jamming on the breaks doesn't do too much. so the best things it just lay it down on your side so you can aim the studds at the offending newb.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Severum said:
I got the snowbike just about ready to run... how are these Nokian 294s gonna treat me? Am I safe as long as I keep my feet on the bike? I have heard that you can ride across a lake no problem but if you step down, your on the ice.

How do the perform on climbing up icy hills?

Any riding tips would be appreciated... this is totally new to me.
Tip #1 only ride lakes and ponds after they are thoroughly frozen. I've stopped on ponds before without problem but you will learn to be careful and deliberate. Climbing is great as long as you aren't throwing the bike side to side and let the sidewall make contact. If the instructions for those tires advise you to break them in on road first do so. I did with mine and I have only lost 5 or 6 studs per set in 2 seasons.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
can u replace studds with pedal studds on a flat DH pedal? ??

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
Louis,
Are you asking how the "studs" are going to treat you while your riding?
I'll treat you like I always do man. Why would the cold weather change anything?

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stud in the eye to you. I can't wait to see you laying on the ice.

Locotiki said:
Louis,
Are you asking how the "studs" are going to treat you while your riding?
I'll treat you like I always do man. Why would the cold weather change anything?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.