Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call it a tripple whammy of just bad luck. About 18 years ago I got t-boned by a mini van while riding a mountain bike home from a long trail ride. I was crossing at a set of lights riding on a bike path and the driver just didn't think to stop or slow down for that matter when making a right hand turn on the red. Needless to say I didn't fare all that well and ended up with head trauma and chronic migraine attacks.

Fast forward to about a month ago, and the migraine medications that the doctors have had me on has finally caused my body to produce kidney stones. (I could feel a sharp pain in my outer lower back whenever I took the meds for migraines. Turns out it was me having a kidney stone) as years of the doctor dismissing this issue, I had a bad kidney stone attack that for anyone who have had one was getting up to the same pain level of my migaines but constant. I ended up in the hospital who put me onto morphine but didn't think to include any laxative or stool softener. So 5 days later I had a compacted stool that then lead to a severe case of hemorrhoids. ONE - TWO - THREE punch and I feel I've been knocked out.

The kidney stones have passed. After figuring out the morphine was doing me more harm than good, I stopped taking that and managed to pass the stone without meds. It took a bit of laxative and colon purge medication to get my digestive tract to work again. Now I am left with hemeroids and it's simply too painful to ride my bike any more.

Does anyone have any workable ideas, or better saddle desgins that work for people with this condition? I figure that those of us older are more likely to get flareups and perhaps a solution or two to give a try.

·
Registered
Stock 2021 Giant Trance 29 3: Deore, Bomber Z2
96 Posts
If they are chronic and internal/ prolapsed, and if insurance will cover it, I’d recommend ligation (banding).

It is not pleasant but has high success rates.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts