Self Appointed Judge&Jury
I'm going to assume that you're 70 years old and not very good with technology, based on the fact that you think the only 2 places to find info online is a manufacturers website or some magic knowledge portal that only your LBS has access to.Wow! Amazing how much love you can get on one post and how much hate on another ;-P
- I could not google the info as Surly took it off their website. So, I went to my pro LBS.
- The head of the service dept inspected rim and tire and looked up on internet and said he found it (not on Surly's website, but it is reasonable to believe the LBS has access to better info than me both online and experience with rims and tires)
- He said I could do it easily with his kit if I followed his instructions. This was seriously erroneous info, just as his info on the rim and tire were erroneous.
- I did the work outside. But if you try for hours to inflate a tire that is incompatible with the system and is full of sealant you will get sealant all over the place which you would not do if you had the correct parts.
- For those who missed the humor about the couch I guess you believe in Smurfs too?? I am not sure if everyone should have a beer before reading posts or drink less beer before reading posts, but I thought I was being OBVIOUSLY tongue in cheek when I included the murder scene of said Smurf, apologies if some believed a Smurf had been injured in the writing of this post.
Hell I don't even screw around with my 2.3 tires- that's what a compressor is forLike someone else on here mentioned, fat bike tires are difficult to setup tubeless whether they're tubeless ready or not. You're basically trying to seat a motorcycle tire.
If you're trying to do it with a floor pump, that's your first mistake...
quoted for LOLZ. sealant gets everywhere during inflation, that's what it does..if you try for hours to inflate a tire that is incompatible with the system and is full of sealant you will get sealant all over the place which you would not do if you had the correct parts.
maybe you didn't realize it then, but you should now understand that if you are searching for something specific, you actually need to include those words in your search string.And yes I watched MANY Youtube videos on setting up tubeless and there is not a single one on Fat Tires.
bingo!It's true there isn't a single tubeless fat bike tire setup video on youtube.
My search turned up a dozen before I got bored of counting.