Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 575 with an RP3 shock. I just bought an RP23 takeoff which came off a Niner. The new shock came with the bushings. Do I just unbolt the old shock and take the bushings off and install the new shock and with the new bushings? Any guidance or instructions and torque specs are helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the info. I read through the Yeti manual and also the attached thread. I also took a look online for the Enduro bearing kits. Last week I started hearing a loud creaking and I thought the noise was coming from my BB, but my LBS found that the main pivot bolt was slightly loose. He sprayed some lube on it and tightened it up. The bike is an 2005 and has been lightly riden and I doubt that any of the bearings were ever replaced or repacked.

Now that I'm about to install a new shock, is this a good time to replace all the bearings?

How often should they be replaced - after how many hours or is just when they start to really make noise?

For those who replaced all the bearings, what did your LBS charge for the total job - parts and labor? I found the Enduro Max bearing kits online for $35 to $50 and the complete kit costs around $130.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts