Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hard to find touch-up paint matching my bike's color scheme. So I bought a big variety pack of crayons and ground the best color match into the scratch. After smoothing the wax with a paper towel and wiping off the excess wax, I painted over the area with clear-coat fingernail polish. I was very pleased with the outcome. I hope you find this technique helpful.

·
Never trust a fart
4,484 Posts
People also go and look at nail polish to get colors similar to their bikes. Good to know that a crayon will work as well.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,020 Posts
"I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is DirtJunkie. I’m 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my bike is a little scratched I’ll put an ice pack on the top tube while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep cleanser lotion on the clearcoat. I move the bike to the bathroom....In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond frame scrub, and on the fork and shock, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint stanchion mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after ride lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your paint out and makes the frame look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging frame balm followed by a final moisturizing protective wax.”

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is nail polish rally work? I'm how long it's last?
Depends if it's gel or shellac. Had a gift voucher so I took it to this place in town for a french manicure on the dropper stanchion last month that didn't start to fade until I was forced to exfoliate with an alcohol based cleanser due to my regular cleanser being out of stock because of covid supply chain issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use finger nail polish and works really good. Usually a good selection of colors too. Between Walmart, target or a beauty supply store I can find something that's a good match.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,020 Posts
nail polish carrier (e or b-acetate) melts wax, whichs weakens the polish....
so the covering is not as strong as say....not using wax
so in a way, it's all hot garbage vs proper recondition with paint

1 - 15 of 15 Posts