Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

i have an old FOX FLOAT RL and i want to see how it's inside, but i have to remove the azote, and i seems like to be a pretty risky operation. So if someone knows how to do it safely, i listen.

thank you.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
Stand back at least 50 yrds and shoot it :D an AK or 30-06 should do fine

but seriously I would send her in to Fox or Push

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i made it, not too complicated, it took my time to do the right things, and now, i gonna remove the shat, to see the shim stack. That's really interesting.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The safest way would be to send it to the factory...personally, I would not mess with a rear shock. I think you would end up making things a lot worse...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well this not my fisrt attempt, i already make the same with forks, i changed the shims stacks of my manitou black, soon i gonna do the same with my sherman.

And about this shock, i feel confident, at the begining i was a little afraid about safety, u know
presurized gas could be dnagerous, but now, i know how to do it.
I work on a clean table, with clean tools, so, i think i'm on the good way even if i have a lot to learn. I just need a special wrenck to unscrew the shaft, and the job is done.

Pics soon, for sure.

But i have to say, even if at the moment, i didn't go to deep in the shock inside, fox makes really great stuff that worths the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.