Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,708 Posts
Is it ‘tube in tube’ (TITS) construction, or a port/access? Either way, you will have to remove all of the cables and redo, I think. There are some tricks if you are just replacing cables and housing. but none that I know of if you have to remove everything and ship it off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it 'tube in tube' (TITS) construction, or a port/access? Either way, you will have to remove all of the cables and redo, I think. There are some tricks if you are just replacing cables and housing. but none that I know of if you have to remove everything and ship it off.
It's the tits I believe haha. housing feeds all the way through. If I remove everything will I be able to feed it back through?

Somebody was telling me to piggyback some of that cable "sheething" but I'd rather not if I don't have to.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
You will have to disconnect your rear hydraulic brake line if it is internal, it is possible to reattach without needing a bleed if you do it at the lever body and are very careful but a bleed is often needed. For the other parts, just disconnect the cables which is easy unless you also have a hydraulic dropper actuator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.