Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, anyone here have a decent technique they'd like to share for recovering saddles? I have a WTB SST I'd like to resurrect, as well as a newer Rocket V. Solid leather or leather like material would be cool.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
transient said:
I had one done by a cobbler once, cost about $20.
I hadn't thought of that. There's a shoe repair place across the street from the Bike Shop. How did the cover last? Was it full on leather? I think I'll knock the mud of the SST and let them have a look.

·
less is more
823 Posts
Why?

Why would you do this? Why not a new saddle with new padding, technology, cover, etc?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
venus1 said:
Why would you do this? Why not a new saddle with new padding, technology, cover, etc?
Coin, man, coin. Padding is good, shape is good. No new technology to speak of as far as I know. Figure at an average of $80 a pop for new seats versus a quarter of that to have them recovered.....

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
GrantB said:
So, anyone here have a decent technique they'd like to share for recovering saddles? I have a WTB SST I'd like to resurrect, as well as a newer Rocket V. Solid leather or leather like material would be cool.
Contact WTB. They have (or at least had) a fix/replacement policy on their saddles. I know this applied to bend rails, so I can only imagine it would apply to recovering it too.

I forget what they charge, but it was cheap enough to make me say, "what a great company"...

There should be an old thread on this if you care to dig it up.

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,357 Posts
Grant, I know you're looking to fix your saddle, but I have several spare SST saddles, including one with Ti rail and an unblemished cover. PM Me if you're interested in purchasing it. I'm thinking $20 maybe. I would sell one of my other ones too (for less), but there is some slight damage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts