Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
long live long rides
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I posted here about some cross-threading on the top cap of my Marathon XC. Well, I got that problem solved, and I'm ready to put new oil in my fork, but I have another problem.

The TST cartridge won't go back into the right fork leg because it seems to have filled with a little air (from me absentmindedly cycling the rod). Does anyone have instructions on how to fix this?

And no, I'm never doing my own suspension work again. . .

·
Registered
112 Posts
esf_mtb said:
A few days ago I posted here about some cross-threading on the top cap of my Marathon XC. Well, I got that problem solved, and I'm ready to put new oil in my fork, but I have another problem.

The TST cartridge won't go back into the right fork leg because it seems to have filled with a little air (from me absentmindedly cycling the rod). Does anyone have instructions on how to fix this?

And no, I'm never doing my own suspension work again. . .
Here is a nice and easy to follow video.

Regards,
Stefan

·
long live long rides
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I think I saw that vid somewhere, and in all honesty it kinda looks like a PITA. But I'll probably end up giving it a try and breaking something.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
well it really shouldn't have taken in air from you just cycling it but anyway the above method will work but I have found an easier way (at least easier for me). Open it up from the top and drain/refill the oil (your already, there might as well, Aeroshell fluid 41 preferred or something really light). Fill the cart about 3/4 or above and cycle the rod till no little air bubbles are present. Then fill to the top. Now you will get the air out of the bladder. Put your thumb over the top of the cart and cycle the rod (the bladder will fill with oil and air will go to the top). now top with oil till full, put thumb on again, push rod up halfway and slowly crack your thumb away (don't wear nice clothes) the remaining air and some oil will come out. Ok now the last part slowly lower the rod and add oil while doing it, or in steps (just keep the oil above the bladder transfer ports so air cant get in) once the rod is all the way down and oil is flush with the top of the cart put the cap on in the dh mode, you should be good now just check it in lockout mode (a touch of movement in normal) and your good.

hope that helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.