Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ghost ASX Plus 5700 frame that came without a shock, and I just got a DT Swiss XR Carbon. It is the correct size shock, but came without any reducers or spacers. I have no idea what size reducers to get? Could anyone provide some guidence?

I'm looking at DT Swiss reducers, as I assume I need DT Swiss reducers as that's the brand shock?
Also, I've heard them called reducers and bushings. Is one for the top and another for the bottom, or does it matter?

Thanks,

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Reducers are the aluminium parts which press in. The bushing is the sacrificial wear layer pressed into the shock eyelet first.

Measure total width installed and bolt diameter. That with your shock model is enough to get you factory hardware.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reducers are the aluminium parts which press in. The bushing is the sacrificial wear layer pressed into the shock eyelet first.

Measure total width installed and bolt diameter. That with your shock model is enough to get you factory hardware.
Ok, I measured and found the top to be 24mm x 8mm, and the bottom to be 22mm x 8mm.

The 23.4-24.1mm x 8mm is in stock, but I can't seem to locate the 21.8-22mm x 8mm anywhere.
I eventually called Fox, to see if they had something that would work, and they informed me that I should have two differnt types of adapters/reducers. One type for the top, and another meant for the bottom. I can't seem to distinguish between a top and bottom?

Is this something I should be worried about?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts