Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying one , that I might but.
Clmbs and goes down faster than my Litespeed Niota ti, but turning feels like a truck compared to my Litespeed even is 2 pounds lighter.
Its a M frame with handlebar, stem headset stock.
Im 5.8

Will raising the angle help?
Or a higher riser bar?

·
Registered
204 Posts
In general, I would not characterize the Rush as sluggish. You may want to look at that stock h-bar. It is on the wide side but can be cut down or swaped out. Compare it to your regular ride. It is all where you are coming from.

·
Registered
204 Posts
We must have different definitions of what a truck feels like. I would say that raising the h-bars would make things worse.

You may want to look at your other bike and compare the seat to h-bar height relationship to that of the Rush.

·
Registered
7 Posts
rush carbon

I had the same problem when i went from my scalpel to my team carbon rush i believe its because the front frame triangle is so huge it gives you the perception of turning slower just a thought my stem is 100mm 6 degree angle on a XL ! my lap times are quicker and i guess thats what counts ! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Narrower bars? Wider & higher bars generally slow steering down (and put more weight towards the rear). Flat and low quicken steering (and put more of your weight forward). Maybe keep the bar height with narrower bars? Not sure if the Carbon Rush bars are already fairly narrow?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It has slower handling traits due to the slacker head angle. If you ride a twitchy xc race bike and go to a rush it will seem slow at first.

Try riding a xc race bike on longer trail rides, its not much fun in the rough stuff. Then ride a rush for 4 to 6 hours and you'll appreciate the level of stability and less effort used to keep it on the trail.

Not saying the rush won't hang with the xc crowd. It just takes a different riding style.

The slack head angle is geared towards trail riding and stability.

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
I think it comes down to the head angle as stated previously. The Niota has a 70.5 degree angle and the Rush has a 69 degree angle. Going taller on the front end wont help, moving you weight slightly more forwards with a zero offset post and slightly longer stem may work a little bit. You just cant expect a 69 degree bike to steer like a 70.5 degree bike, but it will be much less of a handfull on a steep, rocky downhill pitch.

Kevin

·
Registered
51 Posts
quicken up

I moved up my cockpit on my 3000 , and am planning the same on my Team Carbon. You have to be careful with your drop to the pedal , if you are into the whole fit kit thing. Lowereing your bar a bit should weight the fr. wheel a bit more also. I sold an S-Works epic to race on the rush, thoughthe trails here are pretty technical. The Rush is as fast on the smooth , and eats rocks for lunch.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wheelbase

Its all about the wheelbase I'm convinced...I've got a Sinister Ridge with a 67 degree head angle that turns way quickly...on the Rush i generally go for the fast and wide approach

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.