Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I couldn't agree more. The Hadleys are an awesome upgrade and the new 11-36 cassettes make single ring setups usable for a lot more riders. Consider adding the thru bolt kit to your rear wheel when you start itching to upgrade something else..... and a 650b Flow in front whenever they finally get released.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha not sure I want to slam a 2.5 on the front of this. I'm going to see how the Ardents are before I go and try something new.

I was a 1x9 person for quite awhile and now I just got the 1x10 and its awesome!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Yeah, depending on when the bike was shipped from Ibis, you may or may not have the latest link.... I seem to recall Scot telling me that the difference between the latest revision and its predecessor was not that huge, but if your link is a couple revs. old it will be noticeable. It certainly was on mine going from '07 to current. If I were in your shoes I'd ride it until the bearings get crunchy, then order up the current link at that time.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just shot an email off to Ibis asking if its possible to date the lower link. They would be killing me if I just missed it! I just missed the release of the HD140 by about a month, otherwise I would have bought that vs. the SL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.