Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,806 Posts
How much space between the frame tubes and fork legs limits the width. What kind of flats you getting? Going to a wider tire does not guarantee less flats. If you're getting punctures, its all about the thickness and toughness of the tread. Some tires have a antipuncture layer under the tread of aramid material or similar. My road/commuter has Conti Gatorskins. Theyre skinny but have reputation of one of most puncture resistant road tires. Theyre approaching 2000 miles and have only one puncture flat, from what i gather was the tip of a steel spring. I regularly dig bits but glass out of it.

· Registered
521 Posts
Currently have 2.1 inch tires on my bike, but I think they're giving me flats. What dictates what I can run? I'd like maybe 2.4 if possible. Here's the bike.
A customer recently wanted wider tires on the same model Cannondale, I couldn't fit a tire wider than 2.1- look at how much clearance you have in the chain stays, there isn't much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.