Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to buy a bike that comes with XX1, and I want to take the XX1 and put it on my bike, and put my XT/XTR onto the new bike (which will be my wifes). Everyone in the world sells a 10 to 11 speed conversion kit, but if I want to do the exact opposite, what would I need? The wheelset is a Syncros XR1.5, which look to have DT hubs. So would all I need is a "DT Swiss Freehub Body Shimano/Sram 10 Speed". If so, does anyone have one from before they switched to XX1 they would like to sell?

Thanks - BS

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A decent idea, but it is a decent wheelset it seems (MSRP around $800), and I am building up a I9 torch wheelset for my bike. Just trying to find a way to justify this bike, and assumed there must be a way to swap back.

·
Trail Tire TV on blogger
4,237 Posts
ah.. I was just saying flop the 2 bikes wheel set.. not buy new.. but ya.. you'll want the I9's ;) then just get the free hub(s) to match which ever cassette to the right wheels. you can probably hit up Sycros for the free hub shell.. most companies sell them for well under $100. I believe everything underneath is all the same, just the alum body.. but I haven't played with the 11 speed so check first with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts