Bar EC90 Monkey lite sl
Seatpost Ec 90
Stem EC 90
CMAX SL
Fox 100X
Chris King No threadset
Xtr Group/Vbrake
I hope to get a total weight around 24.5/25.0

I know the fork is not the lighter on the market: I'll wait fore the Manitou RSeven
BUT
I think I might do something better
with tire: what do u suggest to me?
Tubeless? (I usually use Hutchinson Python or Michelin XCR Dry or Panarecer FirXCPro)
or No tub?

Anyone has tried the No Tub Tires mounted with "Stan's No Tubes" gel??

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have pretty much the same set up as you have described, but I have disc brakes instead of rim. The mud here makes rim braking virtually impossible except on the driest of days. The bike weighs about 25 lbs as is (okay so it's 25.34 lbs on the shipping scale here at work, close enough).

Here's the breakdown of what's on my ride.

Large Spider frame (ball-burnished)
Fox F100X fork
Manitou 3-way swinger rear shock
Shimano XTR cranks, BB, cassette, chain, front der
Shimano 959 pedals
SRAM X.0 rear der., X.9 trigger shifters.
Easton Monkeylite SL bar
Race Face Deus Stem
FSA K-Force Light Carbon Seatpost
Mavic Crossmax SL Disc Wheelset
Hayes Mag Plus Brakes
Chris King Headset
Selle Italia Trans Am saddle
Maxxis Larsen TT Tubeless tires
ODI lock on grips with Dangerboy bar end slugs (not the lightest grip set-up, but they are sweet in the rain).

I haven't had to use the No Tubes sealant. I have been racing XC on tubeless tires for two years now and I have only had one flat, and that was when I tore a six inch gash through a sidewall. I suggest going with the Larsen TT's for tires. They are a large volume tire, fast rolling and wear evenly, so performance will still be relatively good with age. Despite the close tread pattern, they shed mud surprisingly well. Before a muddy ride, I spray the tread with WD-40, then ride on the road. The WD-40 stays in between the tread blocks, but is scraped off the tops, allowing for non-slip tire action.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Northern Spider said:
I have pretty much the same set up as you have described, but I have disc brakes instead of rim. The mud here makes rim braking virtually impossible except on the driest of days. The bike weighs about 25 lbs as is (okay so it's 25.34 lbs on the shipping scale here at work, close enough).

Here's the breakdown of what's on my ride.

Large Spider frame (ball-burnished)
Fox F100X fork
Manitou 3-way swinger rear shock
Shimano XTR cranks, BB, cassette, chain, front der
Shimano 959 pedals
SRAM X.0 rear der., X.9 trigger shifters.
Easton Monkeylite SL bar
Race Face Deus Stem
FSA K-Force Light Carbon Seatpost
Mavic Crossmax SL Disc Wheelset
Hayes Mag Plus Brakes
Chris King Headset
Selle Italia Trans Am saddle
Maxxis Larsen TT Tubeless tires
ODI lock on grips with Dangerboy bar end slugs (not the lightest grip set-up, but they are sweet in the rain).
How do u feel with MOnkey Sl and Fox 100?

·
Registered
8 Posts
alessandrosixtysix said:
How do u feel with MOnkey Sl and Fox 100?
I really like it. The bar is a good width and I like the sweep. The Fox F100X is awesome, especially when paired with a rear shock like the Manitou Swinger 3 way with SPV damping. I don't know if I could go any less than 4 inches of front travel for this bike, it might feel a little imbalanced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.