Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5'11", 230lbs - stocky, but fairly dense build on an '06 Gary Fisher hardtail

I ride with a range of friends, but most of the time they are the 140-170lb guys with bikes that cost as much as my car. After a year of riding, I am now usually about 4th fastest on the 3-12mile rides, so I think I am doing well. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but my clothes are getting looser, so I'm happy.

Anyway, I only learned of the 'Clydesdale' term recently, and I think I qualify, but I have never seen a Clydesdale class in any of the races I have seen/participated in.

Is it that obscure, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

I typically ride trails around metro Atlanta - sometimes head up to North GA and TN.

Thanks,
Spencer

·
Registered
360 Posts
Contact whomever is organizing your local races and see if they'll include a Clyde class (even if there aren't prizes involved). Most of the races around here in Raleigh/Durham NC have a Clyde class.

With that said, Clyde class can be pretty darn competitive (depending on the race). If you're new to racing, you might want to start out in Beginner, then work your way up to Clyde.

Though in some races, Clydes have to scarf a donut between each lap. Might be good or bad depending on your fondness for donuts. :D

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
http://www.racemtb.com/

I just won the clydesdale field at the Prairie City Race Series.
Twelve week series, every Wednesday night. The clydes were one of the most competitive fields this year. I swapped leads with one other rider several times during the series and finally won the series on the last race by one point.:thumbsup:

The upcoming Folsom Cyclebration mtb races (put on by the same promoter) will also have clydesdale classes.
http://www.folsomcyclebration.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.