Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I was woundering what the best way to buy something is, Paypal, check, cash stuff like that. I will be buying direct from someone. What if the product doesnt work how can i get my money back?

thx

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
f0ggy said:
Alright so I was woundering what the best way to buy something is, Paypal, check, cash stuff like that. I will be buying direct from someone. What if the product doesnt work how can i get my money back?

thx
paypal...and dont send the money untill you get the product and see that it is in good condition

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Uhhh... You pay with Paypal BEFORE the guy sends you the product. How does he know you won't try to keep the product without paying? Think about it. Pay with credit card. If it isn't what you expected, you can call up the CC company and have them cancel it.

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
I've used Paypal, COD, and a now defunct online escrow service that was similar to PayPal. All worked reasonably well and provided security for the buyer and seller. The escrow service was the best as they held the money until I (the buyer) contacted them and either said that the product was OK or seller indicated that they product had been returned. It was more expensive than PayPal though and I prob wouldn't bother unless it was a real big ticket item.

·
Registered
756 Posts
PayPal is definitely the way to go. My limited experience is that sellers will not ship until they have received your payment, but PayPal will let you buy insurance (for 5% of the purchase price in my case).

I bought a bike off mtbr's classifieds, paid $1000 to the seller and for an extra $50 to PayPal, I was fully insured in case I never got the bike or it was not as advertised. There are exceptions of course (read the fine print) but it sure made me feel better about sending so much money to a complete stranger at the other end of my internet connection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.