Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title pretty much speaks for itself, as i am just getting started riding trials. If anyone has any useful info such as plans or picks of homemade trials coarses i would really appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
you can pretty much use anything you can think of. it depends how much work you want to do and what exactly you want to build.

maybe build a platform a few feet high with some stairs on the side to get started. or find a couple big logs and lay them out some how so you can ride and hop around on them.

you can really do just about anything. just start making obstacles anyway you can.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Go to your local hardware store (NOT Home Depot, ACE, etc.) and ask if they have any lumber or crates or anthing lying around that they would give away for free or for very cheap. (unless you want to spend some cash) A lot of times they have pallets lying around that they want to get rid of. Pick up some of those, a hammer, some nails, and then just use your imaginatoin.

I found an old long wooden crate in our barn (it was about 2.5 ft high, 3 ft wide, and 8-10 ft long) and I layed it out on the grass at the edge of a small hill with a ramp up one side. I rode the ramp up, and jumped off the edge onto the hill. When I got good at that, I removed the ramp and tried hopping up onto the crate andjumping off the other end, which proved to be a lot more difficult.

Basically just use your imagination. You don't need to have 20 different stunts set up to have fun.

edit: cinder blocks can be useful too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.