Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 RL Revelation Dual Air. I want to adjust it from 140mm to 120mm and I know this can be done by putting a 20mm spacer in it.

Anyone know how difficult this is and does anyone have a manual for this?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
You might need some new crush washers (you can reuse the old ones, but its dodgy...may leak a little lube oil) and some more 15 wt oil to replace in the lowers (5 mL per leg), since it drains out when you remove the lowers.

You also need a 10 mm deep socket because you have the 29" version and Dual Air. Without a deep socket, you can't unscrew the nut on the air shaft that sticks out the bottom (where the neg air valve is).

You'll also need internal retaining ring pliers, and some suitable grease is good, but you can usually just keep what grease is on there on because you're just slipping the spacers on the shaft.

Be careful about torque when you are re tightening the shaft nut. I broke the air shaft on my SID 29 because I wasn't paying attention. Its made harder by the fact that you're press fitting the shaft into the lower leg and also trying to compress the crush washer a bit...it doesn't tighten up sharply like most other nuts you encounter.

However the SID shaft is Titanium, not sure what material the Revvys are. Might be steel.

Also since you're taking off the legs, take some time to drip some more oil on the foam rings and smush more grease in the main seals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts