Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought it was "bawn-trajay", but have heard "bawn-trogger" and "bon-trajé".
help?

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Kevin_O said:
SRAM......aaaaaa?
BTW. How do you say SRAM? I've always said Sir Ram'..... but people usually look at me funny when I do..... 'course, people usually look at me funny no matter what I'm sayng.

Oh, and I've always said Bon as is Bon Bon, Trag as is Trap, Ger as is Grrrrr. like the other guy said. Emphasis on the Bon.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if that's correct.

·
HIKE!
1,657 Posts
He's gotta read this stuff once in a while....

.....maybe someone will see all the guesses and he may make a post himself. I led a group ride at the Fruita Fat Tire Festival one rain-threatening EARLY Friday morn ('98 or 99?) and the only fellow to show up for the ride was a cat from California who introduced himself as Keith Bontrager and he pronounced it more like Bon-tragg-er or rather just said it like it was spelled. No faux-euro accents. And he certainly didn't say Bonty.

But we ripped around on Pollack Bench, and went back up for another lap around the fun part (now an illegal to ride 'wilderness'). I protested I'd be late for work at the Evil Sweat Shop known as Over the Edge, where the Head Whip Cracker ('cracker' hee hee, funny) would certainly bring down a great wrath. Keith said he'd write me a note if we were late. He is a good smoother-overer and the Boss Man Whip Cracker didn't beat me, and Keith signed the shop wall with a big fat sharpie marker. Coolio little story. Sorry to foist that on you all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
fish man said:
help?
Like "Truck", but with an "ech" sound.

Semi-related - does anyone know what happened to the 'rants' section of his site? Are they archived anywhere, or did trek just dump 'em?

·
Registered
374 Posts
fish man said:
help?
Just like: Bone - er - ator

See? Bonerater.

·
resident crackpot
483 Posts
"Originally Posted by FTM
Bon -- Bon-fire
-tra -- Tra-gic
-ger -- Grrr
"

Glad to see this, and the link provided. I always pronounced it Bon-Trey-grrr. It will take some self fortitude to change my pronunciation though.

SRAM...it is pronounced in a one syllable word, just like it is spelled...sRam

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
fish man said:
i thought it was "bawn-trajay", but have heard "bawn-trogger" and "bon-traj�".
help?
I heard a guy on OLN during the Tour coverage, you know, the tall brown headed guy who race with Lance pronounce it:

Bone - Tray- ger

That's the first time I ever heard it like that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.