Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We supposed to stay at the cutting edge of this bike light thing when they do this before we even have the previous stuff in our hands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The news on these gets better, we have Q5 in stock now and I have just ordered R2 bin in XPE and have also received some 20mm triple optics to suit


Three R2, 600+ lumens from a 20mm source
__________________
Cheers
WeLight

20 mm triple optics I like that and the beams should be better than the MCE stuff .

Just dont hold your breath
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,017 Posts
Yes I just saw that Trout.
:crazy: :incazzato: :crazy:
I have a 400mile ride this weekend which is a lot of boring saddle time to think up a new design because my penta light is humungous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
znomit said:
Yes I just saw that Trout.
:crazy: :incazzato: :crazy:
I have a 400mile ride this weekend which is a lot of boring saddle time to think up a new design because my penta light is humungous.
Hell Znomit my 40 mile ride this weekend pales compared to that :eekster:I tip my hat to you

I just had a workout and can fit 3 of them into my maglite mod

now i will forget about this thread untill they are on the shelves
 

·
Bigger is better!
Joined
·
725 Posts
Exciting!

But how are these better than MC-E? A better bin, but what else?

On the downside - poor optic selection I would guess? I'm a bit sceptic of a triple optic squeezed into 20mm..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
langen said:
Exciting!

But how are these better than MC-E? A better bin, but what else?

On the downside - poor optic selection I would guess? I'm a bit sceptic of a triple optic squeezed into 20mm..
Seemingly from browsing on CPF it is to do with the size of the light source
the smaller the better .this is why the P7 & MCE have as yet not as good optics. as the XRE .

three tiny emitters each with its own optic , as opposed to 4 in a MCE all sharing the one optic.
I may be talking bollocks but that is how I see it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
WeLight,

When will this be available?

> 3 R2s mounted on a MCPCB . What will be the available tints?

> optics. Supplier?


I too would prefer this over the MC-E setup - at least until the optic situation clears up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
ocean breathes salty said:
Did weelight give any idea about when we would be able to order them? Where did you find it? In an email or is on CPF somewhere? I had a quick look on their site and couldn't find anything about it.
Hi OBS
I have the leds and optics, just waiting on a PCB to arrive, I am not putting things up I dont have, we have had enough dramas with doing that lately, so I will release only when all the bits are here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
il2mb said:
WeLight,

When will this be available?

> 3 R2s mounted on a MCPCB . What will be the available tints?

> optics. Supplier?

I too would prefer this over the MC-E setup - at least until the optic situation clears up.
tints, I wont know till they ship, optics are Carclo, but test we have done with them on our 10mm MCPCBs say this will be a very cool little kit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ocean breathes salty said:
:ciappa:

Somehow I don't think it would last longer than 24 hours before an 8 MCE hipflex driven death ray comes off the Trout Lathe....:thumbsup:
:lol: Nice one Salty .:lol:

The planned deathray is just back from the anodisers .



Cant fit 8 MCE in though 6 or 7 max
this one could be on the cooker for a while while waiting for the release of the HipFlex.

or it might get 3 of these litle triple babies in it who knows yet
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top