Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Drunk Poster
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking that will all of the lighting caused fires that are burning up the state that there is a few bright spots because of it.

The arguement is that with more people out riding their mountain bikes on the trails they can spot lighting strike fires and report which results in faster response times to the fires, so they can be put out easier. To the average Joe living in the mountains this is important because it could mean the difference between having their home burn down or not. With more trails there would be more coverage by people to see newly formed fires. Also with more new trails there are natural fire breaks which slow down the progress of forest fires. Once again this help protect the average Joe's property. In areas that have been allready burned its easy to create new trails since there isn't much to clear, which means more trails for us.

Yeah fires suck but they are a part of nature. Lets use it to our advantage. Especially you guys in Marin, where home values are insanely high. This is a great chance to change the tide of horses keeping bikes off of trails.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Unfortunetly, they throw back the "if there's more people roaming around the forest(aka my back yard) then the possibility of a fire starting is higher. If we lock everyone out, then there's less of a chance". Bah humbug!

I hear where you're coming from though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.