Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,165 Posts
6' 1 1/2" and 235lbs. I think my biggest problem has been the fact that I have an XXlong torso. 20" frames fit me as far as saddle height, but the tt length is a different story altogether--one that I'm still playing with.

·
Registered
54 Posts
6' 4" 275lbs 20" Kona Hoss with 150mm stem fits fine for me. Looking to move out of the sumo-clyde category to regular clyde and reduce to 225-235lbs. I feel comfort knowing that even if I reach my weight goals, and fall out of the clyde category, I still will be welcomed based on height. :)

·
mtbr Buckeye...in Austin
807 Posts
jimblairo said:
I'm 6'6" and 235 lbs and I think once a 59cm road bike or a large MTB does not fit properly, that's tall:)
6'6", 260....:eekster:

JB, you're my goal/target weight for this summer!

I can't wait ride more and more to get below my wedding weight!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
6'7" and 242 lbs.

I thought you lot were supposed to be tall?! Just a Brit shrimp here, riding an old GF Marlin XXL, Scott rc-20 or, most of all, my OnOne ScandAL 29er. The way to go for normal height guys for sure.

If you're over 6' and riding XC, just go get a 29er. DO IT! NOW!

·
Rockfish
55 Posts
6' 4", 215 lbs...

Riding '05 Giant Reign 2.

Most of my height is in my torso (34" inseam and 37" sleeve length). I've had my 21" frame Reign for almost 1-1/2 years (1500 miles). Stock RaceFace Evolve XC stem (90mm stem length), Thompson Elite layback seatpost.

Bike weight is 33.5 lbs. No complaints about this setup WRT comfort. Bike has been bullet-proof.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.