Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they are light but how strong are 04 tazers? i know they are slalom bikes but i am only 100 pounds. so how do you think this will hold up?

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
At 100lbs you should be fine.

They break but not under your weight.

Take that goofy boxxer off though. That headtube doesn't need that kind of leverage.

·
rain rain go away...
1,195 Posts
isn't that 'goofy' boxxer the reason of his posting? is that an 8" boxxer? if so why not at least get the 7"?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
peachy-B said:
isn't that 'goofy' boxxer the reason of his posting? is that an 8" boxxer? if so why not at least get the 7"?
I'm more worried about the BB height. You could almost park your car under there...

And what's the leverage on the rear shock? It looks like it's a lot more than 3:1.

Ole.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its an 8 inch rear and and the boxxer is 7 inches from what the guy told me. im thinking of buying that bike. the head angle isnt too slack and it is adjustable so i cold make it steeper. and the headtube looks very beefy, two gussets. and the guy that im thinking of buying it from raced dh on it...

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
shook_dh said:
its an 8 inch rear and and the boxxer is 7 inches from what the guy told me. im thinking of buying that bike. the head angle isnt too slack and it is adjustable so i cold make it steeper. and the headtube looks very beefy, two gussets. and the guy that im thinking of buying it from raced dh on it...

that thing looks sketch. probably was abused too. if you can't see it in person to check for cracks or frame failures, i'd stay away....the components don't look great anyway.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You ain't getting 8" of travel with that seat that low. If it had the correct shock linkage it would probably still hit the seat in 4" set up.

That Tazer looks like it doesn't have the beefed up BB area. If you're looking for a DH bike get something newer. It's getting very difficult to get spares for the FSR bikes from Intense.

Look at a 6.6 or Uzzi VPX.

After having said all of that I have to go out in the garage and see if the 6" travel link off of my Uzzi will fit on my Tazer. Just for $hits and grins.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sorry but that just looks stupid to me, the BB must be 17" high. Kinda like installing 35" monster mudder 4X4 tires on a Kia Sephia. Don't complain to Intense when that thing breaks in half.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
n10'sGuy said:
Sorry but that just looks stupid to me, the BB must be 17" high. Kinda like installing 35" monster mudder 4X4 tires on a Kia Sephia. Don't complain to Intense when that thing breaks in half.
might be a good commuter tho

1 - 9 of 9 Posts