Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
azepicriderandrunner said:
Oh man, if I had one of those machines......
Same EXACT words just came out of my mouth when I saw the pictures! Can you say one pump track 3-4 miles long?

·
Maui Grown
722 Posts
Where were those pictures taken?

·
Shift less, Pedal more.
521 Posts
bigworm520 said:
That seems like a pretty lame way to cut a trail. How are you going to add tech stuff if you are just bulldozing everything?
Agreed. Must be owned by some hikers.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
That trail rules. It's going to be the best sustained climb on SoMo. We have plenty of technical riding on SoMo, but you have to drive a bit for a good, steep, smooth single track climb.
The trails being worked on over there are excellent.

·
I am Doctor Remulak
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bigworm520 said:
That seems like a pretty lame way to cut a trail. How are you going to add tech stuff if you are just bulldozing everything?
I'm a fan of more trails and I'd love to see more technical trails built specifically for bikes. The reality is that the city has to build multi use trails. We'll see how the new trails turn out after a year of use and weather.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I really like that trail, but preferred to hunt for those sections that were partially hidden. It made it less popular and more fun to ride. It also gave the feeling of being 'out there'.

·
Registered
164 Posts
lookin good...

The only trail I've ridden on the west end was National (doing coast to coast). Where is the trailhead for this new stuff ? Is there a connector from the east ?

Assuming this trail is similar to the new trails cut in the McDowell's, (using that same piece of equipement) this will compliment SoMo quite well. So far we have:

1. flat and fast (DC)
2. low tech climbing (Mormon, Javalina)
2. moderate tech (National, Geronimo)
3. extreme technie (Viejo, Corona Loma, Holbert)

so the only piece missing in non-tech climbing - so this should complete the portfolio
:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.