Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I guess this question was discussed a lot, but I couldn't find the medically approved answer...

1) How should I position the saddle? At what height? So that my leg can extend fully straight, when pedaling, or should I levae the knee bent a bit? I mean from medical point of view? To preserve the knees?

2) And also, how should I position the handlebar? Higher/lower than the saddle??

Please help.

·
ride like you stole it
680 Posts
The basic rule of thumb is to put your saddle about 2" higher then your handlebars. But it depends on the riding you do, i.e. if you need to be off your saddle more for jumping and obstacles then you want it lower so the saddle doesn't effect your mojo, but if your not worried about that stuff then you want it higher for a more efficient riding position.

If your worried about your knees then you'll want a higher saddle so that you can pedal harder without having to get out of the saddle and mashing. If your worried about your back you'll want a lower saddle/higher handle bars so your in a more upright position.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
If you're injured or worse, have issues due to bike setup, get a pro fit done. The $100 I spent for a fit did a whole lot more than the $150 after insurance I paid for physical therapy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.