Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery on a used '02 Switchblade frame (with the std. link with Float R) and would like input from SB riders on the build. I have a basement full of parts, including 100mm and 130mm Marzocchi coil forks (MXR AND Z1 Wedge - 2002 models) and a 7-7/8 eye-to-eye X 2.0" stroke air shock which Titus has confirmed is compatable with the 5.25" link.

Should I stick with the stock setup and use 100mm up front or buy the 5.25" link and go for more travel on both ends? Cost is not a big issue since I have most of what I need to build it either way. The link alone is only $65 (without shock).

I am 160 lbs. and will use the bike for northeast trail riding. I am sure the standard setup is great, but I am tempted to go long travel.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a 02 Switchblade with the 5.25" rockers and a Minute 3 fork

This combination works very well for me. I would go with the long travel option unless you are trying to use the bike as a XC race bike or for some other reason you just don't want the extra travel.

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
check that price again

it may be a geographic anomaly, but I too was quoted $65 for the link by Titus, only to have the shop tell me $95 when it came in. I tried to order direct, but for some reason that's verboten. Not a way to build brand loyalty, if you ask me.
Anyway, I'm running the 5.25" linkage w/ 130mm Firefly. w/ the Firefly in 110mm travel, it climbs pretty well, and at 130, it descends awesome. It depends on what terrain you ride - if you have some burly downhills, def. go longer travel. If I was still in MI, I'd probly have kept it at 4.5 rear w/ a shorter 5" travel fork.

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,875 Posts
two prices/two different links

for the 02 model anyways. They still sell the 5.7 version as well as the new/redesigned version for 5.25. Titus told me $65.00 for the old $95.00 for the new. Said the 5.25 version requires more machining so it's more expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.