Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shuttle?

up and back or shuttle?I've only ridden 1 time from s.prarie to somewhere past campers flat and back.Also not sure about when , waiting for phone call from friend .Maybe tuesday would be best?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
dagooch8 said:
up and back or shuttle?I've only ridden 1 time from s.prarie to somewhere past campers flat and back.Also not sure about when , waiting for phone call from friend .Maybe tuesday would be best?
Shuttle is possible though MF is a great out and back ride, too (and my car is out of commission).

I would skip the first 5 miles right now.

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
shiggy said:
Shuttle is possible though MF is a great out and back ride, too (and my car is out of commission).

I would skip the first 5 miles right now.
The trail was pretty dry today, except for 2 small areas. We had some sun, but it never really got warm. We saw remnants of snow along the riverside from Friday night(?). There were no big trees down, and we cleared the few small ones in our way.
We rode from just above Sand Prarie to Campers Flat and back. Lotsa RV camps out there for the weekend, but they should be gone by monday. There are lotsa leaves down hiding roots and rocks, so stay sharp. Have fun :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the low down

Sasquatch said:
The trail was pretty dry today, except for 2 small areas. We had some sun, but it never really got warm. We saw remnants of snow along the riverside from Friday night(?). There were no big trees down, and we cleared the few small ones in our way.
We rode from just above Sand Prarie to Campers Flat and back. Lotsa RV camps out there for the weekend, but they should be gone by monday. There are lotsa leaves down hiding roots and rocks, so stay sharp. Have fun :D
:) might just go from butcherknife and go till i cant.Just above sand prarie was dicey last time I saw it. Pretty darn chilly tonight.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Current conditions in Westfir (Monday noon @ 1000 ft) heavy mixed rain and snow. The snow is probably sticking a few hundred feet higher which means on most of the trails.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
uh oh snow

I'm just wondering if its snowing out that way .got up this morning to find it raining in eugene.This might dampen plans for a ride this week. :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bummer

dagooch8 said:
I'm just wondering if its snowing out that way .got up this morning to find it raining in eugene.This might dampen plans for a ride this week. :(
you answered my question before I could type it.I'll keep an eye for you shiggy when this clears we should hit it up.
:D

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
dagooch8 said:
Dont let the rain ruin your winter, come out and join the Disciples of Dirt at Whypass. Our secret trail network is on industrial timberlands, and so we dont worry about a little mud. We encourage local riders to join us out there, to help prevent folks from giving in to the urge to ride the Forest Service trails when wet. We ride at Whypass every Wed night, and lotsa weekends also. We are hosting a big group ride on Jan 21, so if you can't join us before then, the "All Comer's Meat" is a must do ride. Are you new to Eugene, or just to MTBR?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Saturday at hills creek

Three of us went up to hills creek and started out of the first camp ground
the trail drains very well so we had a great time, there were areas that did have
alot of leaves covering the trail but that just added to the fun. sort of a grab
bag-o-fun.the trail didn't seem overly technical but things were snotty enough to keep
you on your toes, that was my first time up there a we had a blast.1st time doing the
picture thing hope it works

Attachments

·
Banned
533 Posts
Snow in Oakridge area

Rain snow mix all day in Oakridge today, so I am guessing Middle Fork is covered in snow by now.

Middle Fork is a great out and back, but in the future (Spring :) if you want a shuttle to start up higher look me up I run a shuttle service in Oakridge

Take Care
Randy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you , I will

Randy23 said:
Rain snow mix all day in Oakridge today, so I am guessing Middle Fork is covered in snow by now.

Middle Fork is a great out and back, but in the future (Spring :) if you want a shuttle to start up higher look me up I run a shuttle service in Oakridge

Take Care
Randy
:D I'd like to ride from timpanagos to indigo & all the way back 2 s.prarie.Probably have to wait for summer aug. the skeeters up there will get ya?!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
dagooch8 said:
:D I'd like to ride from timpanagos to indigo & all the way back 2 s.prarie.Probably have to wait for summer aug. the skeeters up there will get ya?!
The mosquitos are only a problem at the top. Once you start down from Timpanagos they are not an issue even in early summer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2 shiggy

shiggy said:
The mosquitos are only a problem at the top. Once you start down from Timpanagos they are not an issue even in early summer.
True,thats the ride I'm jones'n 4;by the way what tire do you suggest for this trail ,this time of year?frnt&bck.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Sunday's ride

Not sure why Shiggy's sais skip the first section, it has some great stuff (log rides) in it and holds up the best out of almost all the trail that is not under snow this time of year.

We had a great ride, no rain and great company.

BTW, I headed up the hill to get a x-mas tree towards Moon Point, snow at that time was at the 3 mile mark on the road. We made it up to about 6 mile in 4x4 mode but it was touch and go.

Here are a couple pic's.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.