Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Single and loving it
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like an old fart when I'm on my SS because it seems as most riders in my area on SS are in their twenties or younger.

I am 39 years young.

·
Rincon Local
55 Posts
31 and I feel like a kid on a new bmx that he got for Christmas

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
46 and counting. Feel like I am in my teens again since I started SS'ing. (Well, sometimes on a hard climb I feel older, but if I crush it I feel like half my age!) An SS 29'er has totally re-invigorated my riding experience. Same trail, different challenge. Yesterday did a ride with 9 people, and 5 of us were on SS. I'd guess the youngest in the group was early 30's - I was the oldest on SS, but only by a couple of years. Sounds like the other "mature" riders in your neck of the woods just haven't discovered SS - and the twist it puts on the same rides - yet!

·
mudnthebloodnthebeer
585 Posts
51, and I'm still a little slower than the other kids my age...

·
Single Malt
958 Posts

Pretty cool tearing it up with the "utes" if you ask me! However I did get the comment,"I hope I'm still riding when I'm that old". He said he meant it as a compliment, I just thought it was funny!:D (I ride a rigid Rig)

·
Registered
55 Posts
28 -my area has a diverse crowd of SSers. I am somewhere around midpack I would guess. I just hope to have the energy you guys seem to have after tacking on a few more years.

·
Single and loving it
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like the other "mature" riders in your neck of the woods just haven't discovered SS - and the twist it puts on the same rides - yet!
Amen to that! I have to admit to enjoying the "old guy" jabs from the groms when I ride with them.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
44 (I think). Old enough that I sometimes need to count.

·
Registered
257 Posts
SoulRider said:
I feel like an old fart when I'm on my SS because it seems as most riders in my area on SS are in their twenties or younger.

I am 39 years young.
Man, SoulRider, your just a pup. My wife and I are 43 and 42, respectively, and all our singlespeeding friends are in their 40's. We tore it up yesterday in the snow!

Our local legend rides nothing but a Spot, can beat anyone around both up and down the mountain, cleans nasty/techy stuff that has people with 5" of travel whimpering, and, by the way, is in his 50's! Just mention the name "Jurgen" to anyone in the Colorado Springs area and they'll smile and nod ;)

It's cool passing kids with their gears and body armor. Just smile as you pass on the left :thumbsup:

E

·
Sweep the leg!
3,803 Posts
43 in a month and a half I thought I'd type it big enough for the old-farts to see

1 - 20 of 186 Posts