• 55 +

Votes: 4 0.6%
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
Niner Rip 9 RDO
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to find out the age of the FR / DH community.
I just turned 45 and just got my first freeride rig (IH 7Point). I road cross country since 88 but found out the FR and DHers are having more fun. Wish it was as big when I was 20ish. I'm planning on entering some DH races this summer. I'm getting all the armor. Thanks for answering the poll. Adios

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hmmmm. This should be interesting. I predict there will be a large group of teens that are still supported by mommy and daddy, feel invincible, are easily excited, and don't have any responsibilities. Then it will taper off as responsibilities increase and you enter the working world. Finally there should be a surge of people after young adulthood that have more money and free time then they did when they were younger and, perhaps, have their children out of the house.

·
Registered
447 Posts
47 years old.

2007 was my first full season racing.

Got 1st overall in Sport class

4th at Sol Vista G3 in an open class. I had 3 decades on the every other guy on the podium. Only 3 seconds total off first.

Racing geezer expert this year. Bring it on!!!!

The idea that old guys can't shred is kinda silly. I been hurt worse dumping the trash (literally) and more times than I can count while on the job. The key is to know you limitations and ride within them. Thats the secret we old guys have over the younger guys. We KNOW we're not invincible.

·
Registered
875 Posts
RickyD, Dickem, NickGTO, and rep: Keep up the good work. Glad to know I'm not the only senior citizen here. LOL
I'll be 36 in January, and don't plan on putting the bike away anytime soon!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Dr Phil mmkay said:
23 and looking like a senile old man next to all these up and coming young pinners :madman:
Don't think that.
Keep this in mind:
Old age and wisdom will always overcome youth and inexperience. :lol:

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
29 and going strong,.... well after my shoulder surgery.... I'll be back until my body say's no again!

1 - 20 of 161 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.